datura

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by RoAr455, Jul 10, 2009.

1. so datura is a plant.. like morning glory.. if you take the seed from the datura and eat them.. thats how you become deleriouse? since you can buy morning glory seeds at like Lowes or Home Depot.. can you buy datura seed tehre also?

2. Just don't.

3. dont eat them, i know about 4 kids that got hospitalized from them. the one kid lost his vision for a couple days. my other boy was fine but he was trippin for about 2 days straight it was crazy. its not worth it, buy some FUNgus

4. i understand all the negativity toward this drug.. but almost every article i read on erowid.. about ppls experence and there trips.. are practicly identical.. to mine when i take high doses of diph.. just a little more surreal.. and with less of the bad side affects wit diph like the restless leg.. and the trouble swallowin..
    so dont critisie.. jsut answer the question please
    also i dont have my own address to ship the datura from a shaman website

5. Morning Glory and Datura are two very different things. You can't buy Datura in a garden supply store or whatever. You have to go out and find it yourself. Comparing Datura to large doses of diphenhydramine is laughable. But whatever. You seen set in your ways so have fun with it dude. Its hard as shit to find and dose correctly.

6. stick with diph i guess, that always had me seeing many many visuals, more than lsd and shrooms

7. nooo!!.. dont do it..

you dont eat the seeds, your supposed to make tea.. eating it would get you hospitalized..

man c'mon man my homie tried em.. he was always trying to push someone who wasnt there.. he would get up run around screaming at something to get out of the shower and we were in the back yard.. i had to stay up 27 hours to take care of his ass.. i asked him if he was alright and he just said that taking his gram wouldnt solve a thing unless you give them to mando[one of our other homies].. man.. and i was going to take em after he took em but.. after seeing that shit no way man..

8. Datura can kill you. The problem is that everyone has a completely different tolerance to it. One person might need to eat 10 seeds to feel something. Another may be in the hospital having eaten 2.

9. Start at low doses.

10. Not this again. We went over this thoroughly in April. Do a search.

TLDR: Datura can kill you. It's not a drug. It's a delirium-inducing poison. Do not take it.

11. yeah ive always wondered about this, but always heard it was dangerous. Definitely dont plan on doing it after reading some erowid experiences and watchhing a video on youtube called dangers of datura/jimson weed or something.

12. #12 speedball, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2009

Don't know why you posted it..joke or no joke

13. Does it not contain the same chemical as Hemlock and whatnot? I thought other nightshades and stuff also have atropine, but they are at much more lethal doses.

14. around my area, there are HUNDREDS of datura plants. the plant itself is so forboding its almost like an aura surrounds it saying, " take me, I am all. Take me, I am hallucinogenic."

15. its jalled jimsone weed and it proly grows around your neighborhood, I must say i would strongly recommend that you do not proceed wiht this, but you are a free person.

All Datura plants contain tropane alkaloids such as scopolamine, hyoscyamine, and atropine, primarily in their seeds and flowers. Because of the presence of these substances, Datura has been used for centuries in some cultures as a poison and hallucinogen.[3][2] There can be a 5:1 toxin variation across plants, and a given plant's toxicity depends on its age, where it is growing, and the local weather conditions. This variation makes Datura exceptionally hazardous, as a drug. In traditional cultures, a great deal of experience with, and detailed knowledge of, "Datura" was critical in order to minimize harm.[2] Many tragic incidents result from modern recreational users ingesting Datura. For example, in the 1990s and 2000s, the United States media contained stories of adolescents and young adults dying or becoming seriously ill from intentionally ingesting Datura.[4][5] There are also several reports in the medical literature of deaths from Datura stramonium and Datura ferox intoxication.[6][7][8] Children are especially vulnerable to atropine poisoning, and their prognosis is likely to be fatal.[9][10] In some parts of Europe and India, Datura has been a popular poison for suicide and murder. From 1950–1965, the State Chemical Laboratories in Agra investigated 2,778 deaths that were caused by ingesting Datura.[2]

Effects of ingestion
    Due to the potent combination of anticholinergic substances it contains, Datura intoxication typically produces effects similar to that of an anticholinergic delirium: a complete inability to differentiate reality from fantasy (delirium, as contrasted to hallucination); hyperthermia; tachycardia; bizarre, and possibly violent behavior; and severe mydriasis with resultant painful photophobia that can last several days. Pronounced amnesia is another commonly reported effect.

According to the drug information site Erowid, no other substance has received as many "Train Wreck" (i.e., severely negative experience) reports as has Datura,[11] noting that "the overwhelming majority of those who describe to us their use of Datura (and to a lesser extent, Belladonna, Brugmansia and Brunfelsia) find their experiences extremely mentally and physically unpleasant and not infrequently physically dangerous."

16. i think there are only certin datura plants that are hallucinogenic, and if they were so poisonis why would the indians and shamans be using them for hundreds of years?

17. #17 guitarist231, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2009

Don't know why you post ed it..joke or no joke

I burst out laughing when i read this hahaha

18. They also smoked tobacco. Just because natives do it doesn't make it safe lol.

I'll refer you to that episode of South Park with the Cherokee Hair Tampons.

19. well i was doin research n found somethin called Belladonna 6X that can be obtaind at like a vitiman store.. or somthin like taht.. it contains the same alkaloids as datura.. is taht ture.. so if you take the Belladonna 6X will it be the same as datura..

20. Yeah, stupid idea man. Check this out:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u12SZAyMp54]YouTube - Jimson Weed Dangers[/ame]