Datura?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by puntrik, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Just went round to my dealers house and he chucked in a couple of datura flowers along with my usual half bag. So I was wondering who here has tried or knows anything about datura, and whether or not its gonna damage me, lol. By the by i have already checked out erowids but i was just wanting some opinions from the city. peace.

2. You better have some serious psychactive experience before you try that. Datura is about as hardcore as you can get.

3. lol just chucked them in? no experience only tales.

4. I consider myself the most extreme psychonaut, bliss chaser, and anything else you want to call an extreme druggie.

But the one drug that I will not do, is Datura.

I had one growing in my back yard my entire life. I will never ingest that fucking devil plant.

5. I really wouldn't suggest trying the datura at all. Just read some of the trip reports on erowid, some guy shit himself while tripping, and I've heard of other's going blind. Doesn't sound like too much fun to me.

6. I think erowid told the whole story about datura...

that it is a completely fun psychoactive!

Seriously, is your dealer trying to fuck with you?

7. Throw the datura away. You don't want that deleriant inside of your body.

8. #8 jnasty1748, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2009
    N-O! how did you read erowids and still ask our opinion?

9. try it or fucking mail it to me i'll smoke it eat it whatever it is you do with it.

10. alright Mister "I ate 28mg of Xanax I go hard"
    Look up datura, look up its effects, maybe even look up how many people it puts in the hospital/psych ward. :rolleyes: get the fuck outta here

11. i've never heard of it. if everyones sayin no then i'd prob advoid it. but you would think there would be a safe dose to take. maybe the ppl that had bad trips took too much? idk.

12. You are not ready, nor can anybody be...all loss of control. Besides, even in the most comfortable settings, datura will make you beyond uncomfortable. You should have thrown them back to your dealer. Hell, I bet he doesn't even touch that stuff.

13. #13 Serial_Chiller, Jan 21, 2009

i can say on behalf of punt that he has not had any physchactive experience.

has anyone actually tried it? its all good you guys shitting on it and im sure you're probz right but i think a primary source of evidence is needed

14. #14 MandalaSmoker, Jan 21, 2009
    Dude,get your ass on Erowid and read EVERYTHING(including trip reports).This is NOT something you just do.

Nothing like Mushrooms,Lsd,or any other drug in that category.I have done DMT(smoked,insulfated,oral)and that is a strong trip.I would highly reccomend reading everything there is to know about Datura before even thinking of trying a small amnount of it.

I know people that have tripped on it,not fun.You interact with your Visuals becouse you cant tell there fake,shit looks completely real.Guy said he though Glass was some type of ice(like ice cubes)and put it in his drink.Luckily someone was with him and got him not to drink it.You loose all perception of time also.With mushrooms time my go by very slow but Datura you loose all sense of it.

There are a few member's here(well known)that have done this.I recall one saying he heard that someone thought that there pubic hairs were worms and he started ripping them out.Fuck that,give me about 700 mcg of Lsd and I am tripping balls enough.I would never,never,never do Datura.

15. thats why he posted the question on pandoras and searched erwoids, its not like he is just going to do it with no prior knowledge.
    this is just 1 of several avenues of information thats bieng looked at.

just like the guy who claimed it made people blind could we please get some links to source material for these stories otherwise its hard to sift through the bullshit.

i dont know if you have looked at the trip reports but some are actually quite positive aswell, but i realise alot are also against it.

anyway thanks for the reponses and keep them coming

16. #16 MandalaSmoker, Jan 21, 2009

For me,I see nothing positive from this drug.I will go and look for more info for all you guy's wanting to know about it though.As I only gave it Negitive vibes,but that is just my veiws on it.

So off to find some more scientifical documents on health and other information about it.

EDIT:I just popped 5 mg's of Xanax(tolerance is high).So it may be awhile before I get it onto this thread copied.

17. I guess I'm the only one on GC that has tried it?

Last time I was out in CA I met up with a buddy of mine that I hadn't seen since childhood. He had moved back out to CA to live with and help his family who lived on a Chumash reservation. We got to talking about the shamanistic functions of his native religion one day and he was telling me that their shamans use datura (they call it toloache), which surprised me because I had read up about it several times and had never been able to figure out how somebody would use it in a shamanic context. Long story short, his father lead me through a toloache ceremony.

It was honestly the most terrifying 36 hours of my life. Things become incomprehensible. You lose all touch with the real world (I couldn't remember who the people sitting around me were, which was quite disconcerting) and have another existence substituted in. My vision was fucked, I couldn't make out the features of anybody except for the people I was hallucinating. I kept hearing strange howls coming from the mountains, would often smoke imaginary cigarettes and carry out full conversations with people that weren't there, and I had an overwhelming sense of evil and destruction washed over me the entire time. I continually had visions of a huge wolf (which I assumed was where the howling was coming from) that seemed to be the only source of comfort on this trip. This lasted all of one night and into the better part of the next day.

When the visions finally stopped I was able to talk to my buddy's dad about the experience. This is all coming from memory, but apparently their folk beliefs about datura go like this- before our world was inhabitated by creatures like us it was inhabited by what the Chumash call 'the first people.' These people had incredible powers of clairvoyance, but among them there was a grandmother figure whom they called 'Momoy.' Momoy was the strongest visionary of 'the first people' and was their greatest shaman. So many years go by, and huge flood sets upon the earth and destroys 'the first people,' but preserved Momoy as the datura plant so the cultural ancestors of 'the first people,' the Chumash, could partake of her knowledge for the rest of the temporal existence of the earth.

We talked about the visions I had. Usually the Chumash use datura in initiation ceremonies for coming-of-age children, but the dosage they take is a bit larger than the one I was given, so their experience is completely one of "sleep and dreaming." I was told that the wolf I saw in vision was my spirit-animal, and that the sense of fear and evil that I felt was my spirit coming to terms with the evil in the world. A bit more was said about the trip, but unfortunately I've forgotten most of it.

My vision was screwed up for about a week following the trip, and I just felt very out of it. Always lethargic, apathetic, but completely awed by the power of this plant. I don't suggest that anybody do it without a sitter that is a considerable bit stronger than you so they can keep you in one place and from hurting yourself, and keep giving you water because datura causes the absolute worst dry mouth.

I'm happy I had the experience, but I would never do it again. I think only the Chumash know how to truly handle it, and that's why they've been using it for millenia. Just be careful if you ever decide to embark on a datura trip

18. I have great experience with people that have done this drug and everyone I have talked to hated it and heavily warned me to not ever try it. I saw my friend on it and he was scaring the shit out of me, he was like dying on his bed. When he actually was awake he kept trying to smoke a cigarette but he had nothing in his hand and he kept talking to himself in a creepy manner.

After hours of trying to sober him up he woke up and felt like absolute shit and said he didn't remember a thing. I would highly advise you trying Datura even once, some things are just not meant to be experienced, there is just nothing you could do to prepare for this drug.

19. honestly im too stoned to go find evidence backing this up but fwiw ive read the problem with datura is that it is impossible to tell how potent it is even if you try it twice from the same plant, one time you might not trip and another time the exact same dose could kill you. Because of this it is verry easy to od and it can cause psycosis and just gennerally fuck you up for life. knowing all that even if you do get lucky and take an average dose the trip is likely to be horrible and there is a good chance you will do something that could kill you without knowing it. It isn't like other psycadelics, on datura if you think you can fly there is nothing stopping you from jumping out a window. read some of the trip reports on erowid like everyones been saying and google it.

I hope this made sense, and ill try to find some evidence tomorrow.

20. Oh and I have looked at the trip reports,to me this is a drug I will never do.It just does not sound fun on any level to me.I have read some but not alot of reports that said they had an alright time.Those are the ones with alot of experiance with these type of substances.Someone like OP should not try it.

I would say know one should try it,but hey it's your body.You suffer the consequences.