Datura (Angel Trumpets)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Typewritermonky, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok guys he already did it can we all stop arguing and drop it

2. I think the discussion going on now is valid. When somebody makes a claim that needs to be substantiated, they should do so, or just leave it alone. Statements made in ignorance should be left as such, but not before somebody corrects such a statement for anybody else reading. We're all here to learn, so nothing should be left unchecked. I'd hate for another Blade to run a search for datura, stumble upon this topic, and then make the faulty connection that datura use leads one to become "permanently retarded" or that those who use datura are retarded, spirituality-seeking nutjobs.

3. retardation as i claimed, is a very blatant term, im not saying retarded as in the special ed group at a highschool. i mean, retarded as in, not being able to tell reality from fantasy.

4. naw was pointing to you. just the general arguing that has gone on the last 5 pages haha

5. Yet it's still an unfounded claim. Come on man, give it up. There is absolutely no scientifically sound reason to say that the Chumash, or any datura using indigenous tribe is disconnected from reality. Likewise, there's no scientifically sound reason to say that any and all datura users are disconnected from reality. Some are, some aren't. My best friend is Chumash, I've met his family, I've been part of a datura ceremony, and these people are far from "retarded" or out of touch with reality. They understand the validity of spiritual experience as an escape from this world for knowledge that comes from beyond. As soon as the ceremony is over they're back to reality, working to make money and leading productive lives.

It's not as cut and dry as you'd like it to be. There can be, and are, responsible datura users in the world.

6. Damn dude, way to break it down. So how long has this "conversation" been going on? Like a month? Glad to see that there was a good ending. Go Datura.

7. This thread is only 6 days old lol

8. something you both need to realize is that if these people have had a long hisory with datura. they probably do very low doses or have some passed down way of dosing the shit afely. but from my studies, that seems impossible.

indian tribe or not. this shit isnt worth doing with all the other safer phsycadellics out there, its just common sense dude

9. Since I started this topic I feel that I should be able to end it.

Illusionist, I see how you don't want people to take it because it can kill them. But saying that it has no spiritual purpose is wrong. It's an argument you can't win because over this forum people are not going to have a well thought out debate over it. I believe in god, you don't. We can argue till the end of the Earth and neither one of us will budge. Calling a group of people you don't know retarded isn't very smart and I am sure you know that. Read this article about the Nacirema, then tell me how strange they seem.

https://www.msu.edu/~jdowell/miner.html

Then realize that Nacirema is American backwards, and that is our culture.

Wrecked I did in fact take Datura. It is a deliriant, but it didn't make me completely insane. It just allowed me to think.

To people who helped me with experiences and links, thank you very much. You could have very well saved my life.

Budwisesir, thank you for helping me. You didn't have to take it all the way with Illusion though ;).

Now everybody and anybody, I started this madness. If you would like to debate it further, PM people politely, open a new thread, and debate there.

Thank you and may gentle hands tuck you in.

10. God I wish I could try this.

11. This thread has run its course and really should be closed.

12. dont even get us started again

13. I agree with grey... Funny picture time!

[​IMG]

14. Dead thread...and apparently under review due to reported posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.