Datura (Angel Trumpets)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Typewritermonky, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. did you take a pic of the shit before you took it
    pics or it didnt happen

2. Umm no, but i will take a picture of the plant in my backyard.

3. Glad your trip turned out okay, and glad you're safe.
    I hope you enjoy your DMT trip as well when you finally get to take it.

4. yeah, me too. like i said, pics or it diddnt happen

5. I still think OP is an idiot for taking it. Congrats on... Playing roulette with your life I guess.

Good luck with the DMT aswell, just dont do yopo, TRUST ME, it burns.

6. Somthin tells me well never see em.

7. my mom grows that plant. she always told me it would kill you. makes me wanna eat it now :O

8. i myself am a spiritual explorer like you are and i just dont think datura is what your looking for. i know its easy to get but you would benefit so much more off of ayahuasca or dmt.

if you want to be doing this hallucinagen thing for any longer then you might want to reconcider doing datura for spitiual purposes. although i think its a spiritual plant and is by all means avalible to ingest

9. Don't, please. Don't follow this explorer's (some might say idiot) advice.

10. #110 Budwisesir, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
    Oh look! He didn't die.

I'd like an apologization from the ones who tried to 'oh so bravely' save his life. EVEN when he said HE WAS going to DEFINITELY do it. So those who came in here just to 'save' his life, was just posting spam and creating chaos.

Apparently I'm an asshole for trying to keep the spam out and help the OP get more valuable replies. :rolleyes:

11. Oh wow, the guy who was being an ass the whole time decides to be smug at the end. Look, this site is about harm reduction. Ingestion of Datura is not a smart endeavor. Just because this guy survived this time does not mean we need threads like this on the forums. Next thing you know, you'll be supporting some jackass that wants to trip off of hemlock or belladonna.

12. You just dont get it, do you? If you have any basic knowledge of Datura you would understand the risks, and severity of it. The drug causes fatalities, 90% of the trips are scary and bad, overdosing is extremely easy... This is what we call a "bad" drug. Just because it makes you high, doesn't mean its enjoyable.

We as a community have a responsibility to help fellow members... Just because this guy didn't die, doesn't mean the drug is safe... He got lucky. If someone created a thread called "BOUT TO HUFF 3 AIRDUSTERS!" would you just encourage the guy, and argue that its within his rights to put whatever he wants in his own body? Remember, there is a LIVING HUMAN BEING on the other side of this computer screen, like the other guy mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
  13. #113 Cameron8679, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
    Harm Reduction > Looking like a dumbass by declaring the cautioning of any possibly (or even very likely ie datura) unsafe drug activity as unpandoralike.

14. It's over guys, he had his trip, and it went how he wanted it to go.

There's no need to keep arguing.

15. Budwiser was the one guy who wasn't an ass in my opinion. He actually helped me.

16. people say you might die, cus the active shit is actually a POISON, not a hallcinogen or something.

and on them, you don't "hallucinate."

you experience "delerium."

learn the difference before embarkation.

17. Who are you to say whats harmful and whats not? Do you understand the position you're in? You're the guy standing across the street saying what should and what shouldn't go in peoples bodies. He has every right to try datura or huff 3 cans of air duster. You're the propaganda, the man whos not about what he says he is. Datura is a natural plant, just like the weed plant that you smoke. If you were serious about harm reduction then you wouldn't smoke cannabis. Until then, reconsider your perspective cause from my perspective you're the real asshole.

18. Belladonna, Hemlock, and Amanita phalloides are all natural as well. I wouldn't advise anyone to eat those either.Not wanting misinformation to be spread or the deaths of members does not make me a hypocrite. If he wants to kill himself, fine go ahead. Just don't tell us about it.

19. Homer I understand your point, but where you go astray is when you think Hemlock and Datura are the same things. Yes, both can kill you. I assume scientifically they may have a lot in common, but if I ate Hemlock I don't think I would have the same mindset as if I ate Datura.

20. Anything with the word "Datura" in it is bound to set off peoples' mommy sense.

It's just that there are so few positive experiences in comparison to the numerous negative ones that make me personally so weary of it. And the negative experience reports aren't just "I felt like I was gonna die", it's more like "I woke up in the ER and actually ALMOST DIED." People don't just experience acute, one-time reactions either, there are lots of instances where people lost their eyesight, acquired HPPD, and have otherwise incurred permanent, long-lasting damage from this plant.

You're an adult and this is a drug community, so for people to tell you you're an idiot for trying it is pretty counterproductive, not to mention disrespectful. At the same time, it's not accurate to compare datura to marijuana (or any other drug for that matter), because datura has nothing in common with 99% of other drugs except than it's a plant and will cause a change in consciousness. I think it'd actually be more accurate to compare it to poisonous mushrooms or some other human toxin, as I'm sure you'd get some "high" off anything toxic to the human body/brain (gasoline, freon, and other inhalants are a good example.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.