Dating younger than you

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Cudi Get 20, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Alright well heres the deal: I am currently a sophmore in college, and I work with a bunch of cute girls. Well, there is this one that has taken a special liking to me, and we flirt all the time at work, and through text and what not.. nothing other than that. I know for a fact that she likes me, and to be honest I think shes awesome.

However, she is still a JUNIOR in High school. I am 2 1/2-3 years older than her, but what does GC think about dating younger than yourself?

FWIW I don't deal with HS shit, or HS girls anymore (way too much drama and they can be real immature/stupid)... but since I met her while at work we have been flirting ever since. I just think it would be weird that when I am a senior in college, she will be a freshman. My parents are 4 years apart, and I have seen alot worst age difference before so maybe its not that big of a deal.

2. I think the age deal is kind of bullshit in a lot of cases. Most girls are completely matured physically by the age of 16 or so, which is around a sophmore in high school. I know some sophmores in high school that could pass for juniors in college So if you're willing to put up with the emotional bullshit that most younger girls have to offer, go for it.

Personally I'm a freshman in college and I prefer dating/looking for younger women just because I look younger myself.

3. I dont think your position for the start of a relationship is as bad as freshman/senior in highschool. You are fucked though legally, I would say. So get some parental permission, good luck with that :-(

4. Hey, as long as she's 18, right? My advice, keep to flirting and maybe get some head...nothing wrong with that :p

5. Pretty sure shes 17, and I am 20 (turn 21 in sept). I'm pretty sure I would be ok dating her (I even asked some of my good friends what they thought about it, and they thought I should go for it) but theres a couple reasons why I want to wait.

- Shes not 18 yet (pretty sure)
    - Shes a cheerleader in HS, so this could be a move just to make her more popular? Girls love to date older guys
    - She talked about going to the same college that I am transferring too next semester (this was before I told her that I was going to transfer there. Like I asked her where she wanted to go).
    - HS girls piss me off with their immaturity and what not, but her personality is awesome
    - I work with her and 2 of her best friends (I was really good friends/talking to one of them before I met this girl).

None of those are really legit reasons besides her not being 18 yet, but I would love to hear from a girls perspective?

And fuck asking for permission from her parents to date her, I don't think that would end too well haha. I'm just going to keep flirtin and see what happens I guess, who knows maybe we both do end up at the same college down the road and start up from where we left off (assuming nothing happens) as this would be more ideal for me.

6. i dont know how they do it in texas but in cali if you are within 3 years of age, its a misdemeanor (small amount of jail if that) and you cant get a blue dot for being a sex offender (blue dot is a thing where you have to register on a list and anyone can see where you live and what your crime was you cant live near schools ect.). And at max the parents can only sue you for up to 2k$. I used to date a girl when i was 18 that was 17 and got really high and freaked the fuck out her parents were gunna come after me. So i did some research ahha

7. if you ask her out she's going to say yes. girls like older boys, especially teenage girls! as long as you don't dump her right away, there isn't really a problem besides the legal age thing.

8. Heck, I always dated older guys before I reached 18. When I was 17, I dated a guy who was 22. You shouldn't automatically let the age difference be a deterrent... if you guys really like each other, don't fight the feelin' :cool:

9. I agree with the guys sayin get head. Definatly cop some dome from her.

10. This! well said dirtybongwaterr :)

11. Once when I was 18 I fucked a 15 yearold cuz I thought she was 16. So it's ok to fuck young chicks I guess. I had just turned 18 like 3 weeks before that though.

12. No it's not ok. I have a 15 year old daughter.

13. Chill bro. I had just turned 18 and she was like a month shy of 16. So it really is ok.

14. how in the hell r u even questioning this lol

dude ur gunna marry someone younger than u most likely, just cuz ur like 19, 20 and shes what 17?

15. #15 Lionel Hutz, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2010
    Actually, It's statutory rape in some states.

OP,
    Call me old fashioned, but if there was a college age guy in his 20's dating a HS girl, I'd think that there was something wrong with him that he couldn't find girls his age. I mean... cmon you are in COLLEGE. There are so many girls to pick from it's ridiculous... When you dip into HS it's probably because you know HS girls think it's cool to date older guys and you can get a girl that would be way out of your league if she was the same age as you.

I'm not saying that HS girls are all immature... but many HS kids are. And it's easy for these young girls to get taken advantage of.... and many of them are (that's why there is a negative association with an old guy dating a young girl). If you want to do the right thing - wait for them to get a little older and have a little more experience with relationships before you start go after them. Once girls are 18-20+, I'd say they are fair game and a couple year gap is not a big deal. It's weird, but a 20 year old guy dating a 16 year girl old isn't the same as a 26 year old guy dating a 22 year old girl.... but that's the rationalization we often make.

16. I'm chill. But it's definitely not ok. If you ever have a daughter you'll understand.

17. Aight I guess I can see what you are sayin. But I was a senior and she was a sophmore so at the time it didn't seem soo bad.

18. i say go for it i guess, not that big of a deal....my parents are 13 years apart :eek:

plus its okay if shes 17 unless she gets pregnant im pretty sure your good...

19. It's weird. When you become a parent, you start to turn into all the stuff you hated as a kid, LoL! But in my defense, I have three daughters and our house is like Grand Central Station with them and all their friends hanging out all the time. There's always a pile of kids! Our girls told us a while back that everyone likes hangin' at our house because we're the "cool" parents. It was one of the nicest compliments my wife and I ever got :)

20. I understand what you sayin cuz I have 2 little sisters and if an 18 year old tried to get with them when they were 15 I would not react well towards the guy and it could get ugly lol.