Dating Girls From Work?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by alicedee07, Jul 8, 2012.

1. One bad thing I see about dating girls from work is that whatever happens, people will know about it. And in my case, there's this chick I really dig. We do flirt a lot with each other, and we spend a lot of time together there. I just fear that certain people that know about what's going on will gossip. And gossip is no good if used the wrong way.

So, dating girls at work, good idea or bad? Does it depend on certain factors, such as discretion in my case?

2. It's not something I would ever do. I can't imagine connecting with someone like that while working. Not sure how others do it tbh.

The gossip would be bad but there are ways to hide it and be discreet. I recently found out two people are dating and are even getting married in october. I only found out cos the girl told me but no one else really knew, that is until they were seen out together and now everyone knows.

As long as you aren't working close then I think it can work..like if you're in different departments, that would be ideal imo.

3. Yeaaa I'll have to cut down the flirting at work but god damn...it's so tough for me. She's so fucking hot and amazing lol

4. Just try avoid her then? idk..I don't think flirting is very professional. I guess it just depends on the working environment though. I've been told off for giggling like a school girl cos it wasn't professional :/

5. I met my current boyfriend of almost 4 years at work.
    We were working in the same shop for the first year of our apprenticeships, both of our fathers also worked for the same company (it's how we both got the job). The difference was our trades so we were always working at the opposite ends of the building. But we always worked together because that's just the environment of the jobs we would get. We never spoke about our relationship during work because that was not in either of our interest.
    No body else in the company knew about us, until we moved in together that is. Our boss's brother actually helped us out by giving us some furniture. We have both since then worked for the same company but on different jobs due to our trade difference.

It can work as long as you keep your relationship out of work.
    It's not for everyone though, it depends on the work environment.

6. I look at it this way: you can't meet girls in places that you aren't in. It may cause headaches down the line, but you spend a lot of time at work, so of course you're going to get to know some girls there. So try to set some guidelines right off the bat (she probably doesn't want everyone in her business either), and go for it. And realize that if it doesn't work out, it's going to be worse than high school. So if it doesn't work out, you've got to be an adult and deal with it in a professional manner.

Long story short - are you going to let your employer tell you what to do with your dick?

7. It's bad dude honestly. I dated a girl for about 2 months from work and the gossip was terrible and annoying. Didn't help that she just opened her mouth and blurted everything out about us.

Now I'm going through the break up and work is so much weirder. It sucks man it sucks. I'd say think about it for sure. Cause shit always hits the fan

8. Word at work spreads too quick.

Me and this one chick were just talking, talking, no intentions what so ever, and within in a few days i already had a girlfriend apparently.

Now there are a few chicks id get with and less id date, but i get the privilege of working with em.

9. Dating girls from work NEVER works out, as long as you work together, but if she's in a different department it's a different story.

10. its all i do, shit is the best. i've bagged at least 10 girls that worked for me

11. I wouldn't recommend it, simply because you may end up spending too much time with them (yes this can definately be a bad thing), as well as if your relationship goes bad, then your in a real shitty situation because, well you know the expression don't shit where you sleep? you just shit your bed

12. I say go ahead. I flirt with bitches at my job all the time. No one has ever gossiped about me. Just tell your coworkers you're about to score, they shouldn't be weird about it.

13. Wouldn't recommend it. If it works that's great but it's never worked for me. If things don't work out you have to deal with all the mental and emotional shit while that person is around you almost everyday. Dealing with this issue currently and sometimes I just don't want to see her but I have to no choice but to grin and deal with it.