Dates...

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by lauraisfrknawsm, Jan 29, 2010.

1. What do you consider a REAL date?

I got called picky bc I didn't want to be taken to the movies or mall for a date...

So... what is a date to you?

2. a dinner and something unique like a fun night at the park or arcades or like amusement parks or somethin like that. somethin you can actually have fun with instead of sitting in a movie theater not talking. if u go on a date it should be a date in which you can get to know the person better and have a bunch of smiles and laughter in the process

3. Yeah like all I want is to be surprised.
    In my past relationships I always had to take the initiative to have the ideas and plans to do things outside of just sitting at home.
    I love to be surprised, but I have yet to be surprised :-/

And I was telling my friend that movies and the mall are things you do just because, not really "date" type things.

4. yea you go to movies to so a movie because you want to and if your significant or....not so significant other wants to come thats fine but its not a date. well sounds like you need to find you a nice guy that will treat you to something good without you having to do all the work.

5. I have an amazing guy right now

But we were talking about dates and he had like no idea about what to do for one, and kept asking me.

Which bummed me out bc if I tell him, then I'll know, and it's no surprise.

I think he has something thought out though, so we'll see.

But the movies and the mall came up

The mall bc I joked around about it :rolleyes:
    My ex's thought that was considered a 'date'

Sheesh.

Haha.

6. lol aight. well ur ex's r stupid asses.lol can i ask you somethin? how do i go about getting more rep?

7. I dunno, I would consider a date anything that two people do to spend time together. For some that's going to a movie, I dunno about hanging out at the mall, although it's all about how you precieve the time you're spending with one another. Hanging out at mall could be a way to get to know one another, walking around talking, sharing opinions about things. Kinda boring if you ask me though.

8. very true^^^^^^^^^^

9. Say helpful things, post funny/great pictures in certain threads, be a good contributer to the city and don't put off negative vibes.

What's boring? The mall? Or dates? lol

10. ok:) will do. can i get some rep for this convo????:p

11. Any other input is very welcome blades & bladies

You can even put memorable date stories :) I like stories
    :wave:

12. well i wouldnt cal this a date but i was at my current gf's house on febuary 13th and i had this all planned out. we stayed up all night watching movies and listening to music. then right at 12:00 i asked her is she wanted to be my girl:) she said yes and we've been together ever since:) speaking of her. i really miss her right now:( i havent seen her in 4 days:/ and shes moving away in a few weeks:mad:

13. anyways it may not have been a date but its a date i will always remember bcuz it was a great night and its been a great year....even if it doesnt last after the move. but im pretty positive it will:)

14. this isn't directed at you laura, just a general observation.women can be funny sometimes, you moan when we stay in the house, but taking you out the movies isn't really a date. you should help your man, and drop some hints. you guys should check out your local music venues, that's always a good time.

15. I've never been asked out on a date.

Unless going to dinner with a boyfriend counts or something. I don't count it as a date though, just that it was our 6th or 7th month anni and we wanted to go eat mexican food lol. Whatever the case, the whole movies and dinner thing is very cliche imo. To me, a date can be going to the beach to watch the sunset while smoking a few bowls or blunts :smoke: or it can be having dinner and then coming back to his place and watching movies all night or something. It doesn't have to be all fancy like some girls want it to be. Just plan something both of you like. It's not about being picky, it's just that you don't want to do those activities. I'm sure you can find something else to do that you will both enjoy :) GL.

16. from a guys point of view a movie aint horrible if your not really trying that hard but the mall aint a good date. if i actually like a girl and not just tryin to get in her pants then ill spend some time to think of somthing to do with her that i know no other guys would think about. say a hike through the woods to a waterfall and have a bottle of wine and a few bowls at the top of said waterfall if shes into that kind of thing. i too think its kind of bogus to do the same stupid "dates" that every other guy ever has asked her to do. think of somthin that will make you stand out and make her melt. just my two cents.

17. #17 soapman, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2010

The mall is a boring date. It doesn't have to be though. This one time I went to my gf work and asked her boss if she could have the rest of the day off since it was a really nice summer day and I'd be there just in the nic of time (hmmmm conicidence, no, good planning) Anyway I asked her if she could get the day off, she looked all bummed and let out a big sigh as she said no. Than her boss comes walkin in "hey, why don't you take the day off, it's slow, I can handle the shop," she looks at me all confused. Anyway I drug her out to seattle where we ran around and I took random pics of her in front of things, we started at the piggy guy in front of pike place and just continued till we found a place to have dinner...it was fun. One of my more fun date ideas. During dinner I told her that it was me who got her the day off, and she got all gushy and wanted to blow me under the dinner table, I'm a gentlemen of the NWG, so naturally I declined. "Save that for the bedroom." (try to imagine a hint of sarcasim behind all this, makes it more funny.)

Now I look back on that and think, wow what a waste of time that was, stupid bitch had to go and break my heart.

Another note, about guys a dates. They do stop at some point, everybody knows this. In the beginning he has fun with you and you guys do fun stuff together, but all that stops and pretty much your dates become dinner and/or a movie. I think it has to do with sex, once you ladies give it up, the fun machine turns off and technically we got what we wanted (even in a relationship) and feel as if we no longer need to try as hard, since now we know we can get laid by you. But ya know everybody has issues like these and not all of them go back to sex. Ladies shouldn't be afraid to take the intiative and plan some fun date ideas with your man, might make him think of some too since he might have a better idea of who you are as a person and the things you like. The date i described, well she liked to take pics on a daily basis so I knew she'd love that kinda thing.

18. Haha I know women are weird. Men are too though! And I don't really mind staying in the house, but he sometimes complains that "all we do is stay home" I kind of have no choice, but I still like to try to get out, it's healthy for a relationship (and me in general) to get out of the house and do something fun.

Dude same here. I've never been asked out on a date. Much less approached by a male. Like wtf. And I totally agree about the movies and dinner being cliche. I just want something different and something I can TELL he put thought into, you know? A date and a movie takes absolutely nothing to plan. I mean, it's nice yeah, but there's no creativity, no personal touch in it what-so-ever.

I can see how it's a guys point of view I've seen that girls look way more into stuff than guys, but I mean, you said a friggin dream date about a waterfall and what-not. So I know it can't be to hard for guys to come up with something nice and thoughtful to do. Too bad where we live is ugly as hell and we have like NO pretty nature, or scenic views, pretty much nothing. And my town is nothing but power plants and waste dumps. Totally gorgeous :rolleyes: Lol... so I can see how it's kind of harder for him. We don't even have any pretty parks. I'm so ready to move. Like to Colorado, or somewhere pretty.

Awww that sounds super sweet. I would love any date he took me on if I could see he actually planned it, and put a little of himself into it, like I think I said, it takes nothing to go to a dinner and a movie. One time he said something about trying acid but going to the beach and either camping out and getting a hotel, and I said "aww that sounds so sweet", and he said "fuck no it's not Galveston is ugly" lol well that's really not the point. The idea is sweet, and the beach is pretty even if our water is shit brown. :laughing:

19. #19 Mairuzu, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2010

Haha that's understandable and I wouldn't jump the gun by calling you picky. Mall/movies dates are typical, cliche, lazy dates. Most of the time its because they care about their needs more than your own. If a guy is into you, he'll want to take you somewhere "special" to him... or maybe even to you (if he knows your interest)

But on another note... if the two of you have a really strong connection, then it really doesn't matter where you go on a date, as long as you guys "click". Right? But lets not make dates repetitive ^^;

I would take a few dates to the beach mainly because they have rarely been there, even an amusement park. It's good to take people places they've never been.

If its someone you're barely getting to know, then a nice dinner.. lunch.. or a simple walk around some nice scenery should do. I live in the Los angeles county area and taking a few dates to the city and just enjoying the city life has probably been one of the best dates.

20. I'm beginning to realize just how ugly and boring it is where I live.

Astro World got demolished :-/
    Splash Town is the only one near, but it's cold.

And the only other amusement park is far away