Dates...

Discussion in 'General' started by Ardfoe8, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Hey all, been a lurker here for a bit.

So I'm really into this girl here at college, she smokes, she's really fun, has lots of qualities that I like, she seems really great. We've gone out three times so far, we seem to have a pretty fun time each time. I'm not great at deciphering hints but at the very least it seems like shes open to continuing and taking it further and whatnot.

So anyway I decided to give her a call this week to ask her to see this show at the theatre here, but I was stressin out - i wanted to make sure i got it right because i am real into this girl and didnt wanna fuck it up. So I downed two beers to relax a bit beforehand, called her and her answering machine picked up, which I wasn't expecting. The whole time I'm doing this my heart is beating pretty hard (the beers didnt seem to work :p), I hear it thumping in my chest...I'm sure I'm not the only one who's gone through this sort of thing before. Anyway, the message that I left wasn't too bad, basically "Hey (her name), so there's this show at the theatre next week called...."(blank show)", let me know if you're interested in going. alright? later.

Pretty standard stuff, nothing special. I didn't stutter or anything but for some reason I feel kinda shitty cause I know I could've been smoother. I guess that's the thing with messages, you can't have a second go at it.

Soooo, am I just trippin out or what? Would a ho-hum message turn her off? For some reason I feel like shes not gonna be interested now, but maybe its all in my head. Whatdaya you girls here think, do you expect a guy to deliver a super smooth invite when he asks you out on another date or what.

2. All in your mind bro, if she's the type that would get turned off by a less than smooth invite...you don't want her anyways

you'll be fine

3. dont worry bout it man, shoulda smoked a spliff before, that woulda relaxed me more then 2 beers, haha, GL

4. nothin like the jitters real plain message not to pimp not to geeky just the way girls like it I think just be yourself dude if she dont like it FUCK HER

5. lol man i know the feeling, that only happens when i 1st meet a girl.. i hate talking on the phone with them... in real life its no problem though.

but ya you can have a second shot at the message. one time i held it there and sat silent and it asked me if i wanted to keep the message i sent her.

ALSO if he woulda smoked cannibus he would've been shitting bricks cause weed makes you think too damn much and over analyze.. doesn't make you relax in that way beer does the trick..

6. She's down for it!

You guys are right - if she woulda turned me down because she didn't like how she was asked on another date, she either wasn't interested in me in the first place or shes a superficial bitch.

Anyway, thanks.