Date of federal legalization? What is your prediction?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Ty Palmer, Jun 11, 2017.

1. #1 Ty Palmer, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    When and why? I think Congress will do it by 2019, as their jobs will be on the line if they do not vote for reform.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. I don't think anyone's job is on the line over legalizing marijuana but i would expect it somewhere within the next 10-15 years.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Maybe when trump gets out of office

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. We can start by electing somebody like Bernie or another hard liberal. Not gonna get it done with Republicans or DINO's in office.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Fuck bernie. BERNER FOR PRES 2020 #cookies
    download.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Bernie is a misguided fool, but he means well and I can respect that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. We are starting to see reform as a part of political platforms here and there, with candidates being vocal about it.

8. A bunch of my republican friends who voted for Trump are in denial that his administration is anti-cannabis. The only good thing about them threatening a crackdown is that is gets congress asses in gear to pass a legalization bill. Hoping we don't have to wait too long or suffer any losses.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. January of 2021.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I hope before 2022

• Like Like x 1
  11. 2020 is when it will happen. Canada goes legal in 2018 and I would believe Mexico will be right after Canada .
    the tax income is what they are after .and pot is doing really well for the legal states.

• Like Like x 1
  12. And if we go back to square 1, richard nixon style, drug war it up?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. We tried that already. There couldn't be more of a committed liberal stoner than Obama was yet he did nothing on the Scheduled drug issue which is key for legalization. I think too many people's jobs rely on marijuana prohibition for things to change overnight. It's going to be a long slow process. Budget restraints will help hurry things along more than science and rationality, we need a strong Republican leader who is pro cannabis. A rare find.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Obama was to bought out by big pharma to do anything. If he self funded his campaign and was owned by no one maybe he would have. Hilary wouldn't of done shit either. Bernie would of tried to legalize it though. Trump might to. He did say he wants to leave it up to the states but who knows if he will drop the federal laws. Dude never even had a drink before never the less a toke so idk. My guess 2022

15. What did Obama do in 8 years? Legal medicine shops got raided under Obama. Don't blame Trump on that, he just got in office. The problem is people not screaming at the top of their lungs THIS STUFF IS WORKING. 20 YEARS SUFFERING AND I HAVE TO BE A CRIMINAL TRYING TO FIND IT IN DANGEROUS PLACES, OR SUFFER. I'm a Christian and I go talk to churches about cannabis oil (even got a pastor to try CBD oil which they then took to Africa to give to the medicine doctors).

But I feel like I'm in a burning house and people are saying to stop yelling fire.

This stuff saves lives from PTSD. People being raped as kids shouldn't have to suffer. Kids with epilepsy shouldn't make the parents have to move out of state to get basic medicine that grows on a single plant in a few months.

I'm constantly battling suicidal depression and close to giving up. It has to be legal by this year.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. where have you been for the past 50 years???????

the world has been screaming about pot since the 70s at least, and we've had valid proof that pot has had medical effects and proof that it is far, far less harmful than alcohol since at least the Schafer report ordered by nixon.

The only difference is, now those screams are even louder. It's to the point where 95% of ALL americans support legal medical marijuana, and up to 65% support full legalization. People have been and ARE upset at the administrations lack of action. People are telling their congressman, but we're being ignored.

Sad truth of the world is, money controls more than it should. Unfortunately, weed seems to conflict interests with a lot of big money peoples.

Honestly, we shouldn't have to fight this hard for it in the first place. The FDA is willing to happily accept a synthetic version of weed (even as recent as this year), which is always worse than the nature created weed, that should tell you something. When they accept a synthetic version which is far more harmful than the version they banned, then accept that synthetic version, you should know something is up.

Why is it that pills with a huge list of side effects are A okay for the FDA to approve, but little ol weed, no OD's, hardly any unwanted side effects, is the one that's banned? We've been screaming. They've been putting their fingers in their ears and yelling back "LA LA LA I can't hear you!!!"

The proof they keep asking for is already there.The schafer report. A few government issued patents on marijuana, for example, this one United States Patent: 6630507 - and more. They already know it's safe and heals.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. When the Shafer report came out I was certain legalization was around the corner. I was dumbfounded when they simply tossed those results in the trash and that was that for the Shafer Commission. How naive of me. They didn't even try to dispute the results, they just ignored them. That's when I began to understand that the truth doesn't matter in the "Justice" Department. They have jobs to protect and potheads are an easy safe target. Full legalization isn't going to happen any time soon. My final answer is 2055, but maybe never.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Once the baby boomers are gone, i'll be happy.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. You know I'm sitting right here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Canada isn't going to legalize weed, they are simply taking profit from marijuana sales. They plan to strongly regulate weed and say "Production and distribution outside government regulation would be a serious offense" Does that sound like legalization?
    Canada's marijuana proposal: 5 things to know - CNN.com

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1