Darkstars Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Gro_Darkstar, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Lol. I couldnt get clones to root with those damned things. Couldn’t ever get the humidity right.
    I almost did autos this run. But I am almost out of my beyond dreams and it’s possibly my best strain to date. I am hoping for 2 runs this winter. The dreams and maybe the autos. If not that then a black dominix x sour diesel run. Something new.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Looks like the roots found water! 72041530-DC25-4C65-B417-42E95728B023.jpeg
    There are 3 in there. All of em are still spouting 3 blade leaves for the most part. The bigger girl has a few 4&5 but nothing to speak of. Temps were a bit on the high side. 90° when I just checked. But imma let it run like this for now. I think 90 will work.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Just a quick update.

It looks like they are getting ready to spit multi blade leaves now. It’s been mostly singles thus far. But they are all growing well now. A little heavy on the nutes so I added a gal of ro and no nutes. Ec is 1.28. Temps were high in the res so I swapped out to an old mars 300! Oh yeah some old school growin. Lol. Temps are 81 in the res. Still a little high but hey it is what it is. Oh reset to 5.8. All is well for now. Couple weeks hopefully I’ll get some good clones. And then reset. Again. But with lower temps. :)
    9E1A137F-26F3-4418-9190-7A18BE13A737.jpeg Lmao. Nice huh!?!
    2ECAE68B-1BA9-4A22-9C41-297D8BA6AEFB.jpeg AB24902F-69B9-4FD9-9FEC-9F6DF77300ED.jpeg 63F8C4A4-3DAF-449E-930E-4CFDC26A1463.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  4. Amazing what a little mars 300 will do for ya. #dontbelievethehype.
    If you can grow, you can grow. It doesn’t matter what you use for equipment. These 3 girls are looking on point AF!
    Almost time to reclip clones. And all I have done is add 1 gal of ro since I put em in. And adjusted ph one time from 6.2 back to 5.8. But these girls are sure pretty!!
    2EFA01A9-9590-4EC7-8AC5-410AFE9BDCAE.jpeg C9F82689-B792-4BA9-A855-BC0C298E28C9.jpeg FF739042-3963-45BD-91DE-2FF749D784E0.jpeg 7641D9EC-DBE5-42C0-86F7-3DD73BDB8EBB.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  5. 3B60FEEE-CF61-4E87-9D31-97912FC51A88.jpeg image.jpg
    Just a quick check in. The girls are doing great still. Res is a little low but it’s getting a change this weekend. On point really. And I’m not doing much. Kind of surprising. Sorry for the blurple. Worked 20+ hours ot this week. Not time.
    That’s a bud from these girls momma. 1/1 they were harvested. Still sticky and full of terps. Straight berry on this pheno. And by far the densest nugs I’ve grown to date. Love this pheno.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Well I can’t seem to upload photos. So I guess I can at least tell ya all is good. I haven’t done really anything to the plant at all. I haven’t added nutes. I added water a week ago because the res had dropped below an inch. It’s been under a mars 300 18/6 for 2 weeks now. And all the new growth is stellar. When I just checked ph was 5.4. Ec was .8. Just gonna let it run. It’s about time for clones now so hopefully this weekend I’ll have 20 clones in the cloner

Only real issue I’m having is flies. We had some mice in our walls. And I think a couple died in there. So the flies found whatever it was laid eggs and poof more green flies. They keep messing with my plant. But no real damage. More of an annoyance than anything really.

Well I’ll try to load a pic but I’ve been trying for 1/2 an hour now and it keeps telling me it’s either too big for the server or it’s a security issue. Idk how to fix either one. But I’ll try

• Like Like x 3
  7. A few other people on grass city have been say that they couldn’t post any pics neither. I think it fixed itself after a few hrs.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

8. 845A4045-4B5D-4F9B-A24A-02630490746E.jpeg
    Yeah it was not my problem. It was a site issue. All is good and here she is. Like I said other than the flies she’s looking really good. All 7 blade leaves now. So it’s time for clones this weekend. And I’m pretty sure I’m gonna do a soil run for the full run.

• Like Like x 2
  9. This was the re-veg, yeah?

Do clones of a reveg still count as monstercrops? haha

Looks like you have plenty of potential clones to choose from!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah this is still the reveg. I’m gonna do 4 of these in a flower run. And I’m gonna do 2 seeds too I think. Full 6 girl run to start the fall season off right! Maybe one more after that as well and I’m running something outside next year. Looking to run a solid 8-10’ tree or two! But I think 1 winter run this year. That’ll cover me till next fall I think.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Well after a seriously extended hiatus I am doing another run. Back to promix and basics. It’s been a very long year for me. (I’ll explain at the end) You could say it was a year of rebirth. And it was one that came with no cannabis. I bet since March I’ve smoked a dozen times! But my wife is almost out now. Well like 4-5 oz left so it’s about that time I think.

I am still not sure exactly how my setup will look yet, but I am thinking of vegging like normal under the 315 4K spec at 195w. Obviously I’ll start under the 17w nano for a week or two. Flower I’m leaning towards the 630 set to 460w but I may even do 2x 315s at 270. Not sure yet.

As for the strain, they were freebies. Black Doninax cross nyc diesel. My friend has 3 seeds and I have 3. Gonna do a bit of a competition for taste and yield. (Imma crush him ) but it should be fun.

Seeds went in paper towels yesterday. I use spring water for the first 2 weeks then I’ll swith to ro.

So that’s the grow. As for where I’ve been, well that’s a bit trickier. I am trans. MtF. And I started my transition this year. I am a year in now and 6 months on hormones. It’s been a weird year for me to say the least, but things are getting back to normal. I am a little more confident in my health and myself in general so I’ve smoked a couple times in the last week and feel okay. I do some public speaking now, and I am a life coach for other trans people learning who they are now as well. It’s a lot, but I still have time for some growing. I love it and in soil you have that nice buffer just in case things get busy. So I’m gonna try to get back to the grind. Hope anyone who’s still around understands and hope to talk to y’all again.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing how the new grows go.

Glad to hear you are adjusting well now - I hope going forward it keeps getting easier/better for you. I can't imagine what that must be like!

I'll still be here to watch your grows no matter what's going on, GD!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Thanks! It’s been a trip for sure. I’ll have to do some snooping on your feed and see what you’ve been up to. Lol.
    I had a 3:3 cracked seed day yesterday. Left em in the paper towels though. Should be ready tonight or tomorrow for the soil. Should have pics of babies by the weekend I’d guess.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hell yeah - I think I was having some grow-fails before you dropped off for a bit - been having a few good grows since, though!

My journal is over in the Indoor Grow Journals section now if you wanna stop by.

What kinda seeds did you drop?

Edit - NYC diesel cross (I read but I don't retain info hahaha)

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Thanks Paulie. Hopefully I remember enough to get a good run. Lol

C3C76BC4-24B1-4065-B35A-D034DFA92888.jpeg
    2 days and that’s what I have. They look okay. Not the best I’ve seen but they’ll grow. I am not overly optimistic about these. Like I said they were freebies and when I look up the cross there is zero info. I don’t even know who the breeder is. Might as well be bagseeds. Lol.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Hey you never know. There could be wonderful gem that comes out of those seeds.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  17. No. Not those seeds. Neither of us got a single seed to grow. Out of the 3 my friend had not 1 popped. I had 2, but they were very rigid and neither ever popped up out of the soil.
    So back to the drawing board. I am gonna run 2 fem seeds. A chocolate cream and a blackberry og. I hope the blackberry goes this time. First run was a herm girl. Ended up with more seeds than bud. I’m starting the seeds next friday. I’m hoping to get the seeds to pop up on Christmas Day. Lol. Thought it would be funny. Idk.

• Like Like x 2
  18. A Christmas miracle. Lol takes me back to my deadhead days. I need a miracle

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Little late (as always) but I have 2 seeds in.
    One is a blackberry og. Last time I ran one of these seeds it turned out to be a herm machine! Nothing but seeds on seeds on seeds. But the plant was beautiful and easy to grow too. Hopefully this run will be the run I’m looking for.

The other is a chocolate cream. That was a dense flower with a laid back feel. Great yield and easy to grow.
    They are both fem seeds. So 1&1. I should have an update in a few days!

Also I have been hard at work revamping the grow space. Everything is now in my one 6-1/2x7 room. I have a hole to fix, but no more veg and flower. Just 1 space for single runs. I still have all the other stuff, but I hope to not use it again unless I move. I plan on using the 630 at 490w and a 315 aside of it at 195 for a total of 685 watts covering about a 6x3 space. I think that’ll be sufficient for flower. On the other side of the room I’m gonna start under the 17w t5 and move up to the 35w led and eventually go to the de 315 set to 195. Ro water is filling now. Gonna remoisten the promix and mix a touch more coco in. And as always blue planet nutes.
    7D8755FE-E42B-4C3E-B591-7F11120B13D4.jpeg 025E242F-6D19-4EA7-A36A-8021E20E4C1E.jpeg

• Like Like x 4