Darksiders 2: a review

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Subliminal Jazz, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Just picked this game up a couple days ago, played the first one a lil bit but never finished it - I'm only on my 4th dungeon so far and dam am i impressed!

so far, i'd give it a 75/100, what stood out the most to me was how each environment has its own unique style to it - the mood flows perfectly, along with the music and the combat is nearly flawless and engaging.

However, what i hate the most is how tedious the puzzles are. Like im stuck in this one maze that i cant seem to figure out for the life of me. i'm about to break and just google a dam walk through but in a sense im happy this game has challenged me to think. Its not just mind numbing playing, each room you enter in a dungeon you literally have to plan out how your going to go about things.

haven't beaten it yet but so far im enjoying this game a lot more then i expected. And the best part is? you can't compare this game to one genre. its got a mixed bag of genres all in one game.

anyone else playing darksiders 2?? what are your thoughts? :smoke:

2. just bought it today since i saw it was on sale on steam, only played like 2 hours of it and just beat that whole fire of the mountain thing. The gameplay kinda reminds me of god of war and the wall running and stuff kind of seems like prince of persia. So yeah, a bunch of game genres mixed together and the story is kinda cool...

3. The first dark siders game i played and beat on the hardest diffculty thoroughly enjoyed it although didnt get the secret armor shit.

I might pick it up but i still need to get black ops 2

4. And yeah the puzzles were awsome. Makes u think.

U can figure it out, you always over think it.