Dark spots

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by olkuser, Mar 24, 2013.

1. #1 olkuser, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
    3 days ago, I noticed a problem with plant that is about 3 weeks old. The bottom fan leaves are starting to show dark spots on them. The spots turn brown in two days. Later, the spots became more numerous and appeared on the higher leaves.
    The plant grows in DWC and is fed in accordance with the Lucas formula. Is it is symptoms of a fungal infection? Can you please help?...

Large image: http://radikal.ru/F/s017.radikal.ru/i433/1303/65/04bd49c7fccb.jpg

[​IMG]

2. Picture came up very small... would you be willing to give us more info?

\t\t\tWe need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

If any of these questions have already been answered please disregard as I cut and paste this for everyone.

If there is leaf discoloration please TAKE PICTURES WITH ALL GROW LIGHTS OFF, ESPECIALLY HPS & LED's. Taking pictures and taking them with lights off, allows us to see what the leaf discoloration looks like.

3. The image is clickable.

What type of medium: hydro (DWC)
    What strain? Euforia (90% sativa, 10% indica)
    What type of lights and how many watts? Sodium lamp 250 W
    How far from the lights? 15 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Tap water 100 ppm
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Lucas formula
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? pH 5,5, 1 EC
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 25 C, 35%
    Any bugs? Look real close. No

4. Clicked the image...couldn't get nothing to happen but zoomed and image became distorted.

Have you added anything with Phosphorous and Magnesium... both are best absorbed at a PH starting at 5.8... not saying up the PH... it's just that that may be your issue?

5. #5 olkuser, Mar 24, 2013
  6. #6 mmman, Mar 24, 2013
    It is... but both aforementioned are better absorbed starting @ 5.8. I recommended a 5.8 to someone the other day and some dude freaked out and said my advice was BS... simply because he wasn't facing any issues at that PH range of 5.5 and 5.6... thing is, each uses different nutes and may miss the mark on some of the nutrients.

Now, from the picture it appears to be more Ca or Mn related, but your hitting the mark there, so my guess is your more lacking in Mg rather than P, but then again, I'm not familiar with your nutrients (Lucas formula).

Also... I think your EC is a bit high for a plant that young, I'd lower the EC to 0.8.

Another thing... Mag deficit can and will display symptoms of which your plant is showing, only when it does it's already in a more advanced state, so I'd recommend you get the Magnesium in there with a bit of Phosphorous and she will improve.