Dark souls

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by TokinTucan, Mar 5, 2013.

1. #141 Vicious, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
    Why the fuck are there only 3 Blue Slabs, this is some sick joke. I've been farming moonlight butterflies for 3 fucking hours and haven't gotten 1 but I get a Slab off a DW first kill AND one from a crystal lizard. Looks like I used up my luck.

Normally this would be retarded as I would never, EVER waste a slab on a shield, but since I basically can't use normal weapons, I used one on my Baulder Shield and Grass Crest (since I use that for Karmic Justice) So far I have my Great Scythe E+10, my BSS, now I just need to do my Bow of P, Gargoyle Halberd and maybe a Falchion or Painted Guardian Sword.

Most fun build I've played yet, Battle Mage, not quite glass cannon.
    Vit 26
    Att23
    End 28
    Str 20 (for Obsidian GS to buff)
    Dex 18
    Res 8
    Int 50
    Faith 30

(I might to a scaled down similar SL50-70 Glass Cannon for invading)

Very, very fun. You can make big damage with any weapon enchanted but you can't really use a normal +15 weapon because of the scaling, reguardless the enchanted weapons do some serious damage but I can always whip out the Obsidian if need be. I bitch a lot about Vit gouges but this is pretty faggot build, I won't lie. Even when I'm invading, I try to fight melee and not go easy mode unless I'm being ganked or the opponent is being an ass.

The fun thing about this build is the Velka's Tal scales int so I'm not loosing any power on my miracles, can't use the higher level spells but the magic makes up for it. It's great, because you can throw up Tranquil Walk of Peace and the last thing they expect is C Soul Arrow, Dark Bead or Persuers, unavoidable to the face. Or you're having a great fight, use a couple magic spells, and the last thing they expect is WoG. And don't even get me started on Karmic Justice, ho ho.

Very, very fun build.

Anyone know what's better between the Silver Knight Shield and The Black Knight Shield?

2. I've been enjoying using my MLGS build lately, as I normally do. I cant wait to see how From brings it back in Dark Souls II.

And there really isnt any difference between Black Knights and Silver Knights Vicious. Black has high Fire resistance while SIlver has higher Magic and Stability, and slightly less weight. When fully upgraded Silver has the best stability out of the medium shields.

3. That would be the difference I was asking for. I remembered someone saying that about the SKS, I usually use it or Bulder.

4. I remember back in the day when it was all about the Hollow Solider Shield lol, but I usually just use Grass Crest nowadays.

5. I only really use the Grass Crest for Karmic Justice since the shield takes chip. I'm almost always stocked up on Green Blossoms. I might substitute it if I need to use a spell that can't be used with Blossoms.

6. So even though this is the Dark Souls thread, I'm gonna talk about Demon Souls.

Long story short, I'm playing this game, and it feels like a whole new Souls experience, which is exactly what I was going for.

Except I find it so overwhelming, with the World/Character tendency, the worlds which are huge and divided, etc. Its great fun, but I will say its a lot more difficult than Dark Souls, which is a good thing.

Except I'm stuck. I just finished 1-3 and cant proceed any further because I need the soul of an Archdemon, which I'm assuming is an end-world boss from another world. Except would that same thing apply to all the other worlds, and I'm just stuck?

I went though 2-1 until I died because the controller I'm using likes to turn off when I get hit sometimes, and I'm thinking about just going as far in that world as I can, and rinse and repeating until I make some breakthrough.

Also what are Crushing Weapons? I found one but it doesnt have a description, and I'm trying to not look at any Wiki's for any info. Does it stagger opponents more?

7. Annnnd I figured all that stuff out lol.

It sucks that the controller I'm using is faulty, and will die when my character gets hit or blocks with his shield some of the time. Its really annoying when I'm in a boss battle.

And I screwd up my world tendency in 2. I wasnt able to go Pure White and missed out on the Dragon Bone Smasher and Scivir. I figured it out now so I'm confident I'll be able to go Pure White, then go to Pure Black.

8. #148 Vicious, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
    I should warn you, there is no sin forgiveness. I was standing by the armor load out dude and my controller down on my lap and ended up blowing away the him and the blacksmith, having to start a new game. I have a level 40-70 range character that still needs to do some shit.

Also, I fucking hate Pertrus. He's a dick, so I killed him at the start of the game forgetting Rhea needs him to trigger going down into the Tombs, so I'm fucked out of WoG #2 on NG+.

9. Yeah Petrus sucks. The only useful thing I get from him is an expression/gesture lol.

Just finished 5-1 and 5-2, not as hard as I though, but I'm thinking my level was kinda high (around 50). I'm pretty sure I have Pure White Tendency since I got the spear from 5-1, but Selen isnt appearing in 5-2 for me.

Idk whats going on, I'll just try to keep doing White Tendency stuff.

10. anyone want to play on PS3?

11. anyone want to play on PS3?