Dark souls

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by TokinTucan, Mar 5, 2013.

1. For sure man. Nothing I have comes anywhere close to dishing 200 damage. The closest thing I have is the Zweihander and for me it does 130 with both hands.

Gonna explore a bit more. Haven't been able to get by those ghosts down under so there's still all that to check out. I need curses though.

2. What stats are you focusing on? If its str/dex I can highly recommend the Claymore. Upgrade it to +15 and you won;t have a problem with needing a weapon for along time, if ever. I'm running a vit/str/dex build and use Greatshield of Atorias and Claymore+15 with Mask of the Child and the rest Ornstein, have no problems soloing anything on NG+.

The Zweihander is really good for stunlocking things, other than that its pretty slow and I don't really like the moveset but thats just me.

3. Right now the only stat that I'm putting a lot into is endurance. Mainly because I want my guy to move faster in the heavy armor I'm wearing. Everything else is pretty even except I'm low in faith and kinda low in intelligence.

I'm like level 29-30 and endurance is mid 20's while everything else is around 15 excluding faith/intelligence. Haven't been able to decide what stats I wanna put a lot of points into. Probably strength, dexterity, and a little into vitality.

4. Only a few weapons scale well with dex so I would just bring up dex to meet any min requirements if you want to use a particular weapon. The way you're going I would focus on vitality and strength, because if you want heavy armor you will have to deal with that slower roll by being more tanky. Expect later bosses, especially the fastest guys like artorias, to chip away health relentlessly while you learn their moves.

Strength will probably be your main scaling stat if you use two handers. A weapon you can probably get right now that will scale much better and is just plain a way better weapon than the drake sword (drakey just makes the beginning of the game easier), is the black knight sword. It has great jumping and running attacks, it's fairly fast, and it's a punisher when you get plenty of strength. Should be able to stun lock lots of guys with a jump attack from this sword, enough time to get in a heavy attack. Once you're into places like Anor Londo you'll begin to see how useless drakey gets.

5. This is 100% true, I was able to go from the beginning of the game up to the Giant Golem thing and then once I hit Anor Londo I realized I needed to go back and start upgrading a weapon that could do more than 50-80 damage.

6. #46 propianotuner, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2013
    Yeah, I laughed my ass off the first time I played this game and got past the giant golem with just drakey. I got to Anor Londo and started hacking at a Painted Guardian to figure out that drakey isn't even in the same league as what is required. Figured drakey was a little reward for cuttin off that tail, but it's a tease. You dominate shit for a little while and then suddenly they have ten times as much health and you can't stagger them. What's even more comical was that I actually stuck by drakey and killed ceaseless discharge using it. I didn't know the trick to ceaseless, which honestly ruins it for me, because I think they should have made you have to actually fight that thing without hiding in that passage and smacking his tentacle over and over or running back to the fog door. Would have been a way cooler boss if you had to just deal with his crazy lava shit and his tentacles.

7. Fuck Ceaseless, I didn't know about running back to the fog gate either till a friend showed me. I spent so much time trying to fight him. Same with the Centipede Demon after the Fire Giant on your way over to Bed of Chaos. I had no idea you were supposed to get the ring that reduces lava damage until it was too late.

8. #48 Vicious, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2013
    There are tons of weapons that scale with dex, some of the best in the game.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDWbZDWbnpI[/ame]

I have a Dex/Int, Str/Faith, and Str/End/Vit, builds. I'm playing around with some low level invaders and a Dex/Faith and Str/Int build.

9. Someone send me an invite to PvP pm snackess

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

10. What are you playing on and what SL are you?

11. I have multi cap chars, I am on the psn.

12. Sorry for not being clear. I had meant that in reference to the types of weapons our friend was using, like Zwei and drakey.

13. Anyone else really into gank hunting.

14. My PSN is Dubz209 I'm SL 117 or around there, running a Str/Dex/Vit build. Just say you're from GC so I know lol

15. Ill message you tonight.

16. I had a lot of fun playing Demon's Souls (beat it once). I finally picked up Dark Souls the other day for PC (using a controller) but haven't really gotten into it...

I like the challenge of it, but it just becomes annoying when I have to constantly restart from the same section and kill all the same enemies again. And it's not like I can just run passed them to get back to where I was. That, and I hate not being able to pause. I don't see how being able to pause (not access your inventory or change anything, JUST pause the game) would make the game less difficult. It's just an annoyance for people like me who tend to multitask while gaming.

But, those complaints aside, the game's still fun. I just don't know if I'll be able to devote enough time to actually make it through the whole game. I also have far less free time now then I did when playing Demon's Souls.

17. that game made me feel like crying. Not for me

18. It really isn't a game for everyone. Its not one you can just pick up, run through the "tutorial" (if that's what you want to call it) and be good enough to beat it. It takes time to get to know the areas and the fight mechanics. But once you do the game becomes one you can be fairly easily.

19. #59 Spyder, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2013
    Just got my ass kicked again by some dude with a scythe... As of now I'm level 43 with decent heavy armor, a big ass shield with 70 stability, and the thunder spear you find at Sen's Fortress. Also have Havel's Ring and some other ring that boosts my defense against physical attacks.

I was just chilling by a bonfire in the depths and this guy shows up and tries to cast some sort of magic on my which I dodged every time with ease. After each failed attempt, I jabbed him doing a whopping 4 damage each time. I saw a summon sign so I quickly tried summoning someone to help me out and then he pulls out that giant scythe and kills me in like 3 swings, with me blocking everytime.

Dude had some nice gear.. the scythe was doing bleeding damage too, but I died before that became a problem.

Good thing I save all of my humanity in my inventory rather than using them or else I'd be pretty upset.

Do you get anything else besides their humanity when you win? Cause if not, the only thing that battle resulted in was me becoming ugly yet again.

20. You get humanity and a portion of their souls. But if you get killed you don't lose anything that I know of except being turned hollow again.