Dark Matter

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by _Reason, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Scientists have come to the conclusion that space is made of "dark matter", right? So, when use a vacuum on earth, it sucks in air.. What would happen if you vacuum in space?

2. #2 wraughbit, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
    what do you mean?

the reason vacuuming works here on earth is beacuse of the gas. the gasses that makes up the air creates friction(wind resistance).

instead in space where there's no gas it would still move but it wouldn't be moving any air. the vacuum you use to vacuum a floor has nothing to do with the actual definition of a vacuum(which is pretty much what space is). instead of no air, there's nothing. there doesn't have to be gas for volume to exist, that's the mystery of space and travel.

3. besides the fact its physically impossible to vacuum in space... I think it would just short circuit because it would get overheated or wayyy to cold.

4. #4 wraughbit, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
    lol something else would have to happen for it to short circuit than getting hot or cold.

5. space is a 'near perfect' vacuum.

the non affected matter, is dark matter. that is, matter that is not affected my our normal definition of physics.

6. its called a vaccume because the spinning of blades in a closed system creates little vacume pocket, air then rushes in via the nozzle to flll this void therefor vacume
    (i cant spell)

7. You know...Im not even gonna use google! it means.........When a wire....Doesnt get enoughAh fuck your killing my high.

There

A short circuit is an abnormal low-resistance connection between two nodes of an electrical circuit that are meant to be at different voltages. This results in an excessive electric current (overcurrent) limited only by the Thevenin equivalent resistance of the rest of the network and potentially causes circuit damage, overheating, fire or explosion. Although usually the result of a fault, there are cases where short circuits are caused intentionally, for example, for the purpose of voltage-sensing crowbar circuit protectors.

In circuit analysis, the term short circuit is used by analogy to designate a zero-impedance connection between two nodes. This forces the two nodes to be at the same voltage. In an ideal short circuit, this means there is no resistance and no voltage drop across the short. In simple circuit analysis, wires are considered to be shorts. In real circuits, the result is a connection of nearly zero impedance, and almost no resistance. In such a case, the current drawn is limited by the rest of the circuit.
    Didnt even leave this screen either, No google or anything.

8. didint read the OP :laughing:

vacuum draws in AIR. there is no AIR in space, hence the vacuum of space. the vacuum would turn on, but not take in anything. assuming itd turn on.

9. i wonder if space shuttles have outlets in them. they could run an extension chord outside the ship and try it out

10. I just realized, a fucking genie comes out when you turn it on...God duh! /thread

11. Hmm let me rephrase my Q then, do you think its possible to COLLECT dark matter?

12. porbably theoretically possible if you were using like a blackhole powered uber-vacuum

13. well since it has a presence that can be inferred from its gravitational (why the fuck is that underlined??) effects on visible matter, assuming we could overcome its gravity and somehow obtain technology that can detect it ( it is still a theory, we have no proof of dark matter) im sure we could.

14. If you could, I'm sure there's a math equation for it.

It doesn't sound very logical though. that's like trying to capture electrons/neutrons in a vacuum. there's nothing to harness, it's blank particles.

15. very unrealistic presently though. We'll probably have people on Mars long before we can manipulate dark matter. that is probably a serious turning point in evolution honestly...

16. youre wrong about that, everything you capture in a vacuum is electrons and neutrons, theyre called atoms :rolleyes:

and there is a math equation for it, im too stoned and lazy to find it.

dark matter is the theoretical explanation for the gravitational attraction/pull on all other matter in the universe, it also theoretically explains what is in "space" itself, but it is isnt actually PHYSICAL, that we know of...

17. hahahaha.. as if you guys are arguing about this.

sorry, but i was just super bumming out reading through this entire thread.
    man... this is why i love gc. :smoking:

18. thanks for making me feel worthless :rolleyes: :laughing:

19. Well well well, the kitten meets the mittens.

[​IMG]

20. hahahah.

no, i really was interested in what you guys were saying, though. nice little conversation/debate/whatever going.
    but then it's just like... wtf? they're arguing about vacuums in space. who the fuck has these conversations? :laughing: