dark green downward curling, leaves black tips

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by 4do2ja0, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Help me please my plant is inside its probably seven inches tall pretty young and in soil. I put a picture.

Attached Files:

2. That plant seems to have multiple problems lol...you might want to let it dry out pretty good so the pot is real light (right before the leaves start to droop) and then flush the soil.

Your problem could be the water you're using, based on the fact it appears to have multiple problems. Also could be your medium, or both.

Also include whatever fertilizer and additives you've been using including the dosage, when you ask for sick plant help ;)

3. No ferts just water... And whatever is in hyponex potting soil

4. No ferts just water and hyponex soil....

5. I know nothing about hyponex soil but the pic looks march-y which isn't good. If you're using well water or public water that is high in minerals that could be causing some problems.

You might just be over-watering though. Make sure the pot gets light before you water, even if you have to wait 5-7 days. You can get both curling and black spots from over watering I'm pretty sure.

6. Can I use bottled water?

7. Ha, well I think you can buy RO water (reverse osmosis) at pet stores. It might actually be cheaper than using jugs of bottled water. RO water does not contain any chlorine. If you're using well water definitely stop doing that.

8. Haha I already buy bottled water so either way it works right