Dark For a Week. Am I doomed???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by haole2u2, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Greeting Gents. I have a question that I'm afraid I'm not going to like the answer to...

Last week I went on a business trip for 7 days at a very bad time for my 2 lovely White Widow girls. They had been in veg in a home made cabinet for 7 weeks and were in great shape but my scrog screen was getting really full. I made a decision (probably a bad one) to flip them over to 12/12 right before I left and asked my wife to make sure she maintained my watering schedule.

When I came home she told me that she never noticed the light being on. When I checked my timer I noticed that it was only set to come on ONE DAY out of the week. Long story short, I think my girls were in darkness for a majority of the week. I fixed the timer so it's back to 12/12 every day, but I'm wondering what kind of damage I may have done. The plants still have good color for the most part. Some of the tops are a yellowish-green, and the ends of some of the fan leaves are brownish (I think my wife didn't water enough) but other than that they look ok.

I haven't noticed any signs of sexing yet, but this is my first grow, so there may be signs that my newb eyes aren't picking up.

What kind of problems can I expect from that extended period of darkness? Is there hope for my girls?

Thanks in advance for your input.

2. There's a good chance you caused them to go hermaphrodite. A week of darkness will definitely have some negative effects on your grow, just gotta hope that it doesn't destroy it..

3. Thanks for the reply Shabando. That's kinda what I figured. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

4. You may get Lucky. Are they poping any small buds? I know guys running 48 hrs of dark be for flipping to 12/12 and have bud sites or balls forming by the 3rd day. They are not having any issues on stable strains. I did 36 hrs of dark on This Cotton Candy Kush run. It jump started Them fast. I may go 48 hrs on some test dummies soon.
    Smoke a fatty and watch for the Hermi. Good Luck.