Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dark, dark purple

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by OGgarfield, Oct 14, 2011.

1. I bought an 8th of this really dark purple weed, its bordering on black. It has basicly no crystals and the smell is pretty musky, so I'm wondering if people have ever had something like this before, it is crazy dark!

2. Most likely frostbite if there are little crystals. If it's black, then I would consider not smoking it.

3. gonna need to see some pictures.
    yeah, you got some dank bud most probably.
    I got some of that purple orange mr nice at the moment :hello:

4. haha, what? frostbite?

5. Sounds like your weed was frostbitten :( Or sounds like dark moldy grossness.

PICS!

6. Yeah bro, frostbite.

7. pics dudde

8. Frostbiting is when you drop the temperature and it causes the bud to turn purple, some people use it as a scamming method to deceive others into thinking it's one of the well known 'purple' strains i.e. Grape Ape, Lavender, etc.

9. Well, temperature drops are a natural way of coloring the buds. But I'm talking like 70's in the day, 60's/high 50's at night. Frostbite is going to occur at freezing, or near freezing temps.

10. We may never know the validity of these claims.

11. I can upload some pics but my camera isn't great, unless someone can identify from bad quality i'd say there isn't much point. I'm pretty sure I haven't been ripped off because the guy I bought it from was smoking the same stuff with all his friends. I'll report back later after I have smoked some.

12. was pretty murky on further inspection, smoked pretty nice, high isn't that strong but its enough for me!

13. sounds pretty gross dude:smoke:

14. are the stems purple? this is important

15. no the stems are pretty light green

16. well just dont buy same stuff again then? sounds pretty weak