Dark Chocolate

Discussion in 'General' started by ashish, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Step1Take your microwave able dish and pour one cup of chocolate chips into the dish. Put the dish in the microwave for 15 seconds on normal heat.
    Step2Once the chips are melted, stir with a spoon. Some of the chips will be melted other chips won't be and that is o.k.. because what you are trying to do is rotate the chips so that the microwaves get all of the chip surface exposed so that it can melt eventually. Put the dish back in the microwave and set the time for another 15 seconds. Be aware that you don't want to set the time too high because you could burn the chocolate that is NOT what you want to do.
    Step3When all of the chocolate chips are melted, it is time to stir in the coffee. This is to personal taste, one thing I would like to make you aware is if you stir in too much coffee the candy will never harden and that is what you don't want. Knowing this I always like to put less than the given amount of coffee so that the chocolate does harden and is able to form when put in the refrigerator.
    Step4Make another small batch of plain dark chocolate the same way as in Step 2, so that you can layer the small cups together when ready.
    Step5To form the candy, place small muffin cups on a easy to hold plate and drop the mixture into each small muffin cup. This is the time that you layer the dark chocolate, peanut butter and dark chocolate coffee mixture all together to form a cup. Be sure not to over fill the cup with any of the other selections or you will have a mess. Once you have layered the cups with the different chocolates and peanut butter, it is time to refrigerate. I like to gently cover the dish with plastic wrap before I cool the individual candies. Let the candies cool for at least 3 hours or enough to harden.
    Step6Once they are hardened it is time to pull out the candies and enjoy!

White Chocolate
    Dark Chocolate