Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dark Chocolate Bacon cupcakes?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by CaptainCupcake, Jan 3, 2012.

1. I know it sounds weird, but here's the deal...

my dealer randomly asks me if I can make some edibles out of his half-burned joints.... they've been sitting in a jar for satan knows how long, high quality stuff, though.
    I straight up told him it's going to taste like roach, hardcore...

Today I made my cannabutter (added a few tablespoons of coconut oil) out of about five to six grams of the gross joints, which smelled kind of like the inside of a barn. I added some cinnamon and even cloves to help subdue it, and it helped a little...

I thought, there's no way I can cover up the smokiness of it, and suddenly I thought of bacon and how smokey it is, but how pleasant simultaneously. So I got to thinking maybe if I combined some bacon bits and a bit of bacon grease in with a chocolate cupcake recipe, maybe it would taste okay?

I found a dark chocolate bacon cupcake recipe that even includes a cup of strong coffee, which I think will help further with the nasty-roach-smoke-taste.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas that might improve the recipe, or thoughts on how receptive to this recipe you'd be(maybe minus the fact it's roach weed..)?

2. Sweet dark chocolate goes surprisingly good, with smokey bacon and herb flavor. ;)

3. hi kitty:wave:
    i have considered a few times using bacon grease instead of oil.....
    what do of think of this idea?

4. I usually (but not always) cut my bacon with between 30% - 50% coconut oil before using with canna, to keep it more of a 'medible'. :)

When using bacon fat alone, I consider the finished treats 'gourmedibles', because it is almost entirely comprised of long-chain triglycerides and has a lower ratio of saturated fat. It doesn't break down glandular material quite as easily, and due to the long-chain fatty acids the absorption is primarily lymphatic, and bypasses the liver (which means little to no liver conversion causing D9-THC, to convert to the more powerful 11-OH-THC).
    The coconut oil adds much-needed medium-chain triglycerides, and bumps up the saturated fat content/ratio as well. :hello:

But if you know that you have liver issues, or you know that you consistently over-metabolize cannabinoids even after you've 'fed' your liver, then a long-chain/liver-bypassing oil, for lymphatic absorption, is exactly what you're looking for. You miss out on the conversion that takes place in the liver, but at least you're not burning off nearly all your potency before it reaches your blood stream!
    And bacon grease is a good long-chain choice, because unlike many common long-chain vegetable oils which have little to no saturated fat at all, bacon grease has a reasonable saturated fat content. :)

5. thank you!!!!!!!!
    this is exactly the type of answer i was hoping for!
    i am still relatively new to edibles....have made my own dozens of times now...been playing with them over a year now....still feel i could learn more

6. I only make edibles every few months, but when I do, I like to get creative.

I was toying around with the idea of doing the dark chocolate/bacon combo in some form, and this thread just confirms it. I was originally planning on just making cannabutter and then going from there, but now I'm definitely gonna use a part bacon grease/part oil mixture.

:yummy:

7. HELL YEAH! I make chocolate chip and bacon cupcakes with OUT the weed even. I'd skip out on the bacon grease addition though, it'll serve no purpose if the recipe calls for butter but the cool thing about these cupcakes is that it's three of the best things in the world, chocolate, bacon, and bud!

8. ^For sure.

I often bring desserts involving bacon to parties, and so many people are like :eek:

then I convince them to try them.

Then they're like :yummy::yay::love:

can't wait to add the :hippie: aspect