Dark 11 hours for flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pipermike, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Due to odd time constraints I actually need to change my night shift of flower from 3pm to 3am to 12pm to 12 am so could I make it 11 hours of dark every other night until I can shift the time? I wouldn't think the plants would be too specific but I don't know.

2. i do it all in one day....... if your light kicks on at 3pm the let it go til 12am(MID night) and turn it off.. then just set it to turn back on at NOON, later that day...

just a though

3. alright cool, that's easier

4. I would not do 11 hour dark periods for any extended period of time, and I would not leave the lights on extra long. The flowering hormone is triggered by the amount of extended dark period. So, two choices:

- Work you way around the clock the other way, with shorter periods of light (not shorter periods of dark) until you get your schedule on the clock the way you want, or

- Do it all at once by going lights on at 3am as it is now then lights off at 12p to re-set your schedule.

5. Alright, since it would take a long time to work my way around the clock the other way, I think I'll just kill the light at 12 today, thanks for your input guys.