Dare you to take this test

Discussion in 'General' started by pintada, Nov 2, 2010.

1. I double dog dare you to take these tests. The first is easy and quick:
    Wired 9.12: Take The AQ Test

If you haven't taken this one, then take it too (Its been around forever):
    Personality test based on Jung and Briggs Myers typology

My family took the tests and found that:
    \tMe:\t\tINTJ and score 32 on the Wired test
    \tWife: \tINTJ and score 34 on the Wired test
    \tSon:\t\tINTJ and score 39 on the Wired test
    \tDaughter:\tA neuro-typical extrovert

I compare being an Aspie to being a real X-man - not well understood, but in our own way superior to the average Joe.

But the reason for the post is that i think i noticed a pattern based on conversation content and user diction. Of the ~314,000 of you out there, I'm willing to bet that there are tens of thousands - perhaps 100,000 people - that generate similar scores when there should be only 3000 or less given how rare the INTJ personality type is. Please, post your scores. Its a anonymous site, don't worry.

This site shows the DSM-IV definition of Aspergers syndrome (just scroll down a little).
    Asperger's Syndrome Test

2. ...whats your angle?

3. Oh shit, I can't turn down a DOUBLE dog dare. That's fucking crazy.

4. I was wondering the same thing. It's like everyone who first comes across the myers briggs test thinks it's some big thing, till they realized that everyone's taken it like 10 years ago, and that it doesn't actually provide any information about anything.

5. I think there are a lot of people like me out there, and its exciting in a way. Plus i like the idea of a Aspie social group that just happened by accident. Nothing insidious i assure you.

6. Yes, yes. I said Myers-Briggs has been around. As far as not providing information ... I just wanted to see if anyone scored like me. No debate from me.

7. I have a friend w/ asperger's. His dad diagnosed him w/ it. Other than that his dad diagnosed him w/ asperger's, he's a totally normal dude. Are you aware that within the medical research community there is debate as to whether or not asperger's is a valid diagnosis at all?

Also, why would you join a society of people who have some strange syndrome which may not even exist?

8. It is in the DSM, so it is by definition a real syndrome. (Maybe next year it won't be.)
    Who said I am joining a society??

9. INTJ with a 30 on the AQ test.

10. I would take the test, but i dont give into peer pressure. Your "daring me" is peer pressure.

11. Same thing that got you into smoking weed...

12. Thanks. There is no way you will score high on the Aspergers test. But, with about 70 people who have seen the thread, one person took the test and scored high. There should have been no one yet.

I wonder if there is a reason why the definition has been changed so that the syndrome is more common?

13. Itnj
    and 18

14. 16 and INTP

How this matters is beyond me.

15. 23 on the wired one, I don't wanna do any more.

16. 13 and INTJ

17. 23 and INTP

18. This certainly isn't going the way i thought. I'm learning a lot about myself. Thank you.