Dankohzee's water savers!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Corto Malteze, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Could someone explain to me the whole diapers thing?
    Do you just rip them up and place them above the soil and around the plant, or around the hole you plant the plant in?
    Do you soak them in water then put them in the ground?
    Thanks for any answers!!

2. Well, as some of the growers here already know, you can shred up diapers and mix them in throughout the soil where you plan to grow. It will absorb water throughout the season as well as retain it for your plants to use for a LONG TIME. And...its oldschool:cool:

3. That's if your not able to visit often enough to water them. and if your climate is dry. I live in a micro climate that rarely freezes and citrus grows well. All is well. I use coco fiber to acheive the same results. just soak some really well and drop it in the hole put a layer of your ammended native earth mix and plant on top of that. I try not to hurt the earth by leaving diapers(water absorbing polymers) burried everywhere I grow. And do you know that if you don't water in time those same polymers will quickly dehydrate and destroy your plants. Hey that's why it's old skool. Trial and error shouldn't be repeated over. Ground cover is also a great option. Mulch. Soaked mulch. Straw(broken hay bale) They all help slow the evaporation of ground moisture. Good luck. Happy harvest!

4. Coco fiber. Pre soaked coco fiber.....

5. Yeah you just rip open the diaper and get out the big strip of cottony fuzzy material inside. Rip it up and mix it with your soil. I would activate it first, then mix it. So that if they expand too much your pot or hole or w.e doesnt overflow.