Dank Oh-zee Goes Indoor

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by dankohzee, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Thanks for your input, GT.

No, mr toker, I don't. I'm over the top in everything I do. I'll have to come check you out.

Thanks QP. I can't either. I admit I'm feeling some pressure to pull this off. Ms. Ohzee is ready to see some sort of return on all our efforts;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence krypto.

Here are a few pics for you all to check out. I am now about halfway through my planned veg period of two months. It is my current plan to transplant around the new year and flip middle of January. They will veg for the final two weeks under HPS as I wont have room to veg so many plants at once in my unfinished veg room.

Last night, however, I began work in earnest on my veg room. It is nine feet long and four and a half wide and four and a half under the lights. It is ventilated with a four inch active-air inline and has a passive intake. Both intake and exhaust come from my temp controlled flowering room, eliminating the need for dual climate control systems, i hope. The inline exhausting the veg room will run on a cycle timer in the winter and constant during warmer months. I'll post pics soon

The other day I gave these all a feeding of Buddha Grow at half strength. I should have went quarter strength as many plants are showing signs of slightly burned leaf tips. Lesson learned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Looking green, man :cool: loving it!:)

3. are you going to or have you toppd your plants at all?if not whats your ideas for training? you may have already said but im high as fuck and can not rememeber lol

4. They are already topped and will be trained enthusiastically, haha!

5. i thought you had wasnt sure tho lol things are branching out nicely now,should be a nice size at the end of veg :D:hello:

6. Do you think so? I can't really tell if im on track on growth rate or not.

7. yer another month (i think u said u wer doing 2) and they will be twice a big then when you flip to 12/12 probly doube in size again its guna be a nice jungle of colas in ther!

8. any seats left?

9. Plants look stellar Dank!

10. ...always room for you, durtee. Welcome aboard.

Thanks guys. It seems they're doubling in size on a daily basis. Im not sure if ive mentioned this, but they're on a 24 hour light regimen. Its the first time I've used 24 while vegging, but I didn't really have a room I could darken properly so this was the only way.

I spent all day yesterday working on my veg room. I'll get pics up later, but its pretty much done now. I can't wait to show it off;)

11. Thank you fine Sir.

I'm sure I don't stand alone when I say; "we can't wait for you to show it off".

Everything looks awesome man. Glad it's all coming together so well.

12. I'm standing too... Probably gonna have to in order to see those colas after 2 months veg!!! :eek: :eek: :hello: :wave:
    :smoke::smoke:

13. #73 xXx_dRtJmPr_xXx, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
    Dank - do you plan on doing a progressive lighting situation before throwing them into 12/12? I understand it stresses the plants less and can help prevent hermes and supposedly creates smoother smoke. Just something to ponder.

14. i was also going to mention this lol gradually cut the hours down a bit and ease them into 12/12.or just bang them straight in but have read it does stress the plants going straight from 24 to 12/12

15. you the man Dank:hello:

16. With all his outdoor experience and deliciousness that his buds turned out when done outdoors, doing the 24 on to straight 12 will affect the terpene and turpenoid development due to plant hormone ratios and the gradual change. The ratios can have a synergestic effect in enhancing the physiological and psychological effects. Food for thought.

17. I would love to read more about this. Do you have a link by any chance?

18. #78 xXx_dRtJmPr_xXx, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
    I can't find the information regarding a progressive photoperiod. :(

However, this article helped explain it:

Daylength and Circadian Effects on Starch Degradation and Maltose Metabolism
    Yan Lu, Jackson P. Gehan and Thomas D. Sharkey
    Page 2286 of 2280-2291

The article in general summarizes that different genes are turned on to produce different compounds which are stored or degraded due to the circadian rhythm and photoperiod. It makes sense that if one were to skip the progressive timing of the light periods, the terpene and terpenoid ratios will be different because the starches didn't have the opportunity to form those compound ratios. It's not really the starches specifically but the ATP and GTP and NAD that provide the energy for genes, synthases, and enzymes to create different compounds. However, I do believe that going from 24 on to 12/12 will save you time in finishing times.

Specifically I searched photoperiods AND terpene AND terpenoid production as well... hard to find any research that performed a progressive photoperiod. They all had set times like 18/6, 24/0, and 12/12.

It would be an easy experiment to set up though... probably be great Master's thesis work. Two clones with equal organic food available.... etc. Measurements of chemical content throughout the process... terpenoids, terpenes....

There was a mint study that showed different terpenes and terpenoids due to light timings... but still, not progressive photoperiods.

I'm just throwing it out there that the same plant indoors will taste different from the one done outdoors because of the photoperiods and circadian rhythms.

There is a study about terpenes and mice. Terpenes are also developed in cannabis as it matures. They assist in the sleeping and muscle relaxation aspect. In fact, there seems to be an expert on the subject at: Understanding Terpenes and how they affect your high - TreatingYourself.COM Online Community. I did some reading after reading up a blog found at Terpenes, Terpenoids and Cannabis | Berkeley Patients Care Collective

Hope it helps. With regards to the stressing, Rosenthal claims it is good to go 24 on to 12/12. Then again, I don't really feel Rosenthal is an accredited scientist.

19. Sick thread check out my thread need help