Dank bagseed first grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by FattyAssSnaps, Aug 4, 2012.

1. So this is my very first grow from a dank bagseed I found a few days ago. I put the seed in with a good soil mix and lots of water inside a cup. I have a small area lined with tinfoil to radiate the fluorescent lighting I have set up. I hope to purchase some better lighting soon but the room temp is on 75 and the light causes a little extra heat so I would say 80 degrees. I'm hoping it sprouts that would be really disappointing if it doesn't. Any extra advice to better what I'm doing would be nice as I am a beginner grower. Do you think this seed will sprout? How long do you think it will take to sprout? I'll post pics up as soon as possible too! Smoke on :smoke:

2. Take down the tin foil its not helping. Second it will take a few days for it to sprout.

3. [quote name='"refermadness420"']Take down the tin foil its not helping. Second it will take a few days for it to sprout.[/quote]

Tin foil doesn't help? Lol my friend told me it would reflect the sunlight but if I don't need it that just makes my life easier so thanks for the help man.

4. Well mylar would work but tin foil causes hot spots that can burn your plant

5. Flat white or Mylar are most reflective. Mylar can be a space blanket from the camping section at Walmart or go buy some cheap helium balloons and turn them inside out, they're usually made of Mylar. Or hang a bunch of printer paper or paint your box flat white. Foil/mirrors/gloss white actually absorb more than flat white or Mylar which will help keep it cooler, and avoids hot spots. . .your friend was just slightly off sorry bro. good luck! Happy growing!