Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dangers Of Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by lil leg, Apr 6, 2012.

1. any type of smoking could lead to pulmonary disease.

smoking marijuana doesnt cause schizophrenia it may bring it out though if you already are at risk for getting it. (like if you have a family history of schizopherina)

and marijuana will fuck you up but thats the point. like how alcohol will get you drunk.

2. I'm not sure exactly what the dangers are but even with weed smoke there are some. smoke in any form is a carcinogen. thc is anti-carcinogen but weed smoke still damages your lungs (not as much as tobacco)because the human lung isn't designed to take in smoke. it also messes with some connections in the deep gray matter axions of the brain but most of this can be slowed down/repaired with omega-3 suplements if you quit smoking it the connections stay damaged and after some time slowly repair but omega-3 can help speed up healing them. smoking also makes the platelets in your blood "stick" more and causing them to stick to blood vessel walls and each other(blocking arterys). but this can be counter acted with cardio work outs and heart healthy diet

3. depersonalization and some anxiety but i was pretty screwed up before anyways :p

4. The only danger is being scared you'll get skitzophrenia. But you won't unless you were already we're gonna be and it made it worse.

5. Vaping isn't dangerous. I can't imagine smoking anything is real good for your lungs though.

6. Did I ever say it CAUSED it? :cool:

7. Well it makes me tired/lazy and messes with my short term memory a little bit so i try to only smoke on weekends. Im not shure if the short term memory thing is a true fact, its just an observation.

I have no clue how my old highschool friends would wake n bake every day before school and ive heard some ppl say they do better on tests while high. I took an exam high once and almost failed te class kus of it. Lol

8. You'll become more artistic, so if that's a problem then stay away.

9. #29 Laith, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
    You are a complete and utter idiot get the hell off of GrassCity, nothing you said has been proven or even suggested by doctors.

Marijuana usage can increase lung capacity, it can cause you to cough sometimes, and it makes you really hungry. Also if you have a pre-existing case of Schizophrenia, it can bring it out of hiding. It can not give it to someone who did not already have it.

10. #30 wugwan, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012
    [quote name='"greenshaman"']Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and other lung problems (not cancer though) if you smoke alot of it over a long period of time.

Other dangers are prolonged use (say 10+ years) you'll be more at risk for schizophrenia and other brain disorders.

Marijuana might not kill you but it will sure fuck you up, but who cares, lets all get high :smoke:[/quote]

Youre a walking bucket of shit, please do the community a favor; perma ban yourself and move on to 4chan or someshit. Fucking tool lol

COmpletely inappropriate for GrassCity and you have no business posting this - WW

11. The short term memory thing isn't a myth, i don't know the exact science behind it but the receptors you have in your brain (the "thc" your body creates) is what causes you to forget, it's the reason why your head doesn't explode from remembering every face you see on the street.

12. Weed doesnt cause Schizophrenia if you already got it. Smoke up my friend.

13. YOU are the ignorant one here, as much as I love mary jane myself, I can confirm HIS words. Marijuana will make u paranoid and schizophrenic in the long run. I have experienced myself a little bit paranoia, and I dont smoke alot.. but I have friends who have smoked for years, and even they confirm that marijuana WILL FUCK YOU UP in the long run. Please dont try to make mary jane look like a harmless plant, cause it is not! U have to use it in moderation and responsibly,otherwise sooner or later u will get mental disorders.

14. ok,ive been a grass smoker for 26yrs,started young,there was a group of us some stopped,but i did not,,but the last 20yrs i hav been never without herb,so i smoked cronicly for a long time,and what i hav noticed was def memory damage,more short term,also i came down with testical cancer,but of course never told cancer doctor i smoked pot ,even though he asked several times,none of my doc,s know i smoke,so long story short,go online & see the links of testical cancer & marijuanna,there on to somthing. not to scare anyone,of course genes & general health play a factor,but just somthing to think about,i think there r more males that consume,,just my opinon. take care of ur selves,kind123:eek:

15. Vape and your lungs will be just fine

16. [​IMG]

17. [quote name='"HelloFriend"']

YOU are the ignorant one here, as much as I love mary jane myself, I can confirm HIS words. Marijuana will make u paranoid and schizophrenic in the long run. I have experienced myself a little bit paranoia, and I dont smoke alot.. but I have friends who have smoked for years, and even they confirm that marijuana WILL FUCK YOU UP in the long run. Please dont try to make mary jane look like a harmless plant, cause it is not! U have to use it in moderation and responsibly,otherwise sooner or later u will get mental disorders.[/quote]

You're "proving" it because you've felt paranoid before?

All science and logic says it does none of these things. It does not give you any mental disorders, and does more good than harm to the brain (as in literally no harm whatsoever).

Do you have even the slightest bit of evidence to back up what you're saying? Cause so far science is saying the complete opposite.

Our lungs are also perfectly capable of cleaning themselves, and cannabis smoke isn't nearly as bad as say tobacco or something, so our lungs often take care of it. However vaping is supreme in pretty much all ways, and as THC is actually good for your lungs, using a vape will literally improve them.

18. [quote name='"REIS"']Smoke in moderation and you should be fine. I would only smoke untill it wasn't enjoyable anymore, realize that your body changes. Sometimes people have a hard time coping with this realization.[/quote]

This

It's starting to become unenjoyable for me. My highs now basically consist of a depressed quiet anxiety filled state. Thinking of quitting for a few years

19. the thing about drugs is that everyone will respond to it different. while i have absolutely no paranoia or anxiety when i'm ripped, someone may go bat shit. it's hard to tell you the harms cause i can only go by my experience which has been nothing but positive other than the fact i've gained an huge hate for authority