DangerousD's Bubble Bucket scrog Northern Lights

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by dangerousD, Jul 17, 2011.

1. $16, but why conjoined midgets would go to a night club?? will they get lucky and score a double date?:confused:

2. its a trick question, my answer is to let them in free because they are a freakshow! also as a side note, if you were to fuck Siamese twin girls (or even just one of the 2) it's an automatic 3way

3. thanks for checking out the grow smokeynate, agree, that NL shit was the best weed I've smoked.

4. pic update

Attached Files:

5. I won't bother posting pics today because they are looking same as yesterday just a little fluffier, but I am very encouraged, there are a ton of flower sites and they are all fluffing up quickly. pH keeps dropping so I'm keeping it in check with pH up. ppm at 1500. I put a little dehumidifier in there, RH back to 51%. today is day 25 of 12/12. planning to harvest around day 56.

31 days and counting...

6. I have a NL in my grow. I am currently in my 3rd week of flowering and I barely see the hairs like I do on the other 2 plants that I have. I'm a little worried about mistaken the sex of the plant, I don't see balls either just some small hair in some of the calyxes. I'm going to take pics with a better camera since I only have my phone.

7. Looking good D I love me some NL did I already ask you where you got your genetics from??:smoke:

8. #68 dangerousD, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2011
    got my feminized seeds from nirvana. seriously considering growing some nirvana jock horror next grow. predominantly sativa mix of NL, haze and something else. 9-11 weeks to flowers, relatively short plant for a sativa dominant.

I want something next grow that doesn't Velcro me to the couch

pic update, getting fluffier by the day

Attached Files:

9. [quote name='"MrFlk"']I have a NL in my grow. I am currently in my 3rd week of flowering and I barely see the hairs like I do on the other 2 plants that I have. I'm a little worried about mistaken the sex of the plant, I don't see balls either just some small hair in some of the calyxes. I'm going to take pics with a better camera since I only have my phone.[/quote]

I would never do well with 2 different strains growing at the same time, I'm too nitpicky that every time something happened to one plant and not another, I would freak and overcorrect.

these NL really showed sex quickly, i used to always give 36 hr. of darkness before 12/12 but I didn't this time because I got high and forgot. haha, true story, but some people are convinced that's a great way to hermie a plant. never had a hermie when I did that

10. pic update

Attached Files:

11. Hey DD... thanks for sharing. I have a similar setup and guess what my strain is... I was looking forward to start my first scrog experiment.... do you know how tall are the plants allowed to grow over the screen?? .... and during the first weeks of flower when they stretch am I allowed to make a zig-zag with the plant through the screen in case some branches are really stretching or is it a very stupid idea?... btw after this one I will try a sativa dominant too (undecided with ultra haze #2 or tangerine dream).... I think I'm getting too old to cope with NL only.....

12. [quote name='"NNorthernlight"']Hey DD... thanks for sharing. I have a similar setup and guess what my strain is... I was looking forward to start my first scrog experiment.... do you know how tall are the plants allowed to grow over the screen?? .... and during the first weeks of flower when they stretch am I allowed to make a zig-zag with the plant through the screen in case some branches are really stretching or is it a very stupid idea?... btw after this one I will try a sativa dominant too (undecided with ultra haze #2 or tangerine dream).... I think I'm getting too old to cope with NL only.....[/quote]

the way I did mine was topped each of the 4 plants. then I let them grow a couple inches above the screen and then I pull them through a different hole. I do this until 70% of the screen is full. i think my screen is 18" above the tops of the buckets. above the screen, the tallest branch I have is probably 3 ft above the screen.

to answer, yes you can zig zag, that's how you get a very even canopy of colas, as opposed to my last grow where I had 2 plants and the lower limbs got no light, and wasted a lot of plant energy.

13. I just started 4 NL's myself. Wow, yours are beautiful! Mine are about an inch tall at the moment.

14. thanks drgoodbud, NL is a great strain and is great for beginners and experts alike.

here's a pic update on day 30 of 12/12

Attached Files:

15. Looking good. Sub'd. Do you defoliate in veg at all?

16. Nice, you're gonna get ALOT of weed.

17. [quote name='"grassott"']Looking good. Sub'd. Do you defoliate in veg at all?[/quote]

I have only trimmed a few fan leaves, however, I will trim more as I get closer to harvest. just minimally though.

I keep everything below the screen trimmed

18. so, what do you guys want to guess on yield? I'm hoping around 10 oz. with this 400w HPS, which I think is around .71 grams/watt. I think it would be quite an achievement to get 1 gpw, and I'm not sure I could do it with this 400w. I think maybe only chance for this on a small scale would be a 600w or 1000w.

I just ordered some new feminized seeds from nirvana. jock horror, it's a predominantly sativa, and flowers in 9-11 weeks.

looking forward to something new, and I think from what I've learned with scrog, it could be a good choice.

19. Im guessing around 4oz+ per plant.

20. Yeah, I'd guess about 10 zips, but its impossible to say. However, if you defoliated more during veg, you would have gotten more budsites thus increasing yield. I seen others get over 1gpw with a 400w. They all defoliated, allowing more light to shine on the popcorn, turning them into nice big frosty nugs.

Good luck. Peace.