DangerousD's Bubble Bucket scrog Northern Lights

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by dangerousD, Jul 17, 2011.

1. #41 dangerousD, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I let the main branches grow through about 2-3 inches then pull the back through a different hole that is further from the light. that way, the hole that was originally filled with that main stem is free to be filled by a smaller branch that will eventually grow as big as that main branch

2. I see know when i was readying through it seemed like you just let it grow straight through without any training and i was going to say that isnt scrog but it makes sense now

3. lookin pretty good man... gettin ready to explode in here! the buds are comming!!!

im at the 2 week mark into flowering right now so im not far behind...

4. prepare for enough bong hits to get to heaven when this grow is done.

5. #45 dangerousD, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    thanks man, I'm really looking forward to replenishing my supply, it sucks looking for quality stuff where I live.

I'm going to order a dehumidifier for around $50, creeping up to 55%. I'd feel better with it around 40-45.

6. more growth overnight, starting to finish the stretch I would imagine, last grow these northern lights stretched around the 2nd week of 12/12 and the they focused on flower production. I see flower sites starting to pop up, sweet tits!

so, quick trivia question: you're working the register at the door of a night club. cover charge is $4 for guys. two midgets that are conjoined twins come to the door and give you a $20. what change do you give them?

Attached Files:

7. day 17 of 12/12. lots of flower sites popping up. humidity up to 57%, so I'm ordering a dehumidifier off amazon tonight. ppm creeped up to 1800, so I knocked it back down to 1550. pH dropped to around 5.4, so I bumped it up to 5.9

plants look as healthy as any I've ever grown. keeping that trimmed under the screen sure keeps the plants energy directed at the canopy, which is just what I want.

I've had no signs of algae in the buckets and the sticky blue trap I have hung is lonely, as there have been no insects. last grow I got fungus gnats from the rockwool getting wet in direct light. there were a bunch of them but those sticky traps work great. only concern right now is humidity and I should have that down by next week

later y'all

8. day 17 pic

Attached Files:

9. day 18 of 12/12

Attached Files:

10. very clean brother! quick question...whats you water level on the 4 buckets? and whats the level on the res? and do each individual bucket test out at 1600 ppm?

11. #51 dangerousD, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
    the water level in the 4 plant buckets is about 3/4 full. the water level in the rez (which is the same size bucket) stays around 2-3" above the top of the pump. Because I have 2 pumps pushing nutes out, the level in the plant buckets is higher. basically, the nutes can't return as fast as it is pushing it out. since the pumps run all the time keeping everything recirculating, the ppm is very uniform throughout the system. last few days, the PPM has been creeping up from 1600 to 1900, but I just pump some nutes out and replace with some lower PPM solution.

12. to clarify, if I shut the pumps off, the level of the nutes in the bucket is just at about 1/2 full in all the buckets. gravity baby!

13. now they're starting to bud.

14. more bud sites every day. plants in the back seem to be stretching more than ones in the front. I did some more trimming under the screen and trimmed a few fan leaves that were blocking bid sites. here's some pics from this morning

Attached Files:

15. day 21 of 12/12

changed the rez tonight, ppm at 1400 pH at 5.7. humidity is up to 61% so I'm glad I have a small dehumidifier coming in the mail so I can get it back down around 50% or less. flowers are starting to really pop. 5 weeks til harvest!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Grown this before one of the best harvests I ever had very nice dude...
    :smoke:

17. I am really interested in this grow. I am currently growing Nirvanas NL and it stretched as hell during the first two weeks of flower, now it seems to have stopped. Currently in my 3rd week of flower.

I have very few bud sites because I had problem with this plant when vegging, it was smaller than the other one and the lghts were arther away and it grew skinny and I only topped it once :(. We will probably harvest during the same time, but yours will be 3x of what I will probably get. If i get 2zip( which i doubt) I'm happy.

Good luck with your grow, feel free to visit my journal, is the 3rd attempt in my sig. :smoke:

18. flowers are starting to fluff up. I'm really anxious to see how this harvest turns out using this scrog. I feel pretty good about this setup and the reliability of the system, even if the pump stops it would be ok.

I think they're done stretching and the tallest branch is about 12" under the glass covered light. avg branch distance from light is about 18"-24". I tried to keep the canopy really even but with 4 plants you'll have some variation. the plant on the back right really grew a lot taller than the one on the front left.

later

Attached Files:

19. Looking good with the scrog setup. On my 2nd attempt i built a scrog, had a bushy plant under it, but that SON of a bitch had to be cut down.

20. How conjoined are they?:smoke: