DangerousD's Bubble Bucket scrog Northern Lights

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by dangerousD, Jul 17, 2011.

1. I did a little trimming under the screen last night. I took off the little piddly leaves and branches, should help keeping airflow moving under there.

2. i remove everything that doesnt get light and wont turn into a smoke-able bud.

3. How bad/good does it smell? It's considered one the lower odored strains, but how low odor is it? I read that it doesn't smell like that usual skunky smell.

4. from my last grow I would say low odor while growing. more so I'm veg but I have a 100 cfm fan pulling through a big carbon filter, and the walls are plastic sheeting, so not much smell gets out even if there were more,

5. Its a miracle plant, it's low price for seeds, and has high potency.

6. whos the breeder? what website?

all seeds are cheap if you think about it

AK47 from serious seeds is the WORST smelling plant ive ever had.
    pretty good smoke though.

7. But northern lights seeds are, even for seeds, considerably cheap. and im ordering from attitude.

8. for mine from nirvana with zero complaints. discreet shipping a nice option.

9. #29 dangerousD, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2011
    day 6 of 12/12

just a quick update; plants are looking great, the screen is pretty damn full and those taller branches that I pinched the stems on are even with the rest of the canopy. today I dumped my entire rez and replaced with fresh, flowering nutes. I'm still using the expert formula of the general hydroponics lineup. it worked very well last time, and I liked it much more than the technaflora recipe for success lineup. if you follow the mixing instructions (I do) you'll find it will keep the pH of distilled water around 5.7 - 5.9 which in my opinion, is the sweet spot for hydro. ppm is around 1350-1400.

now it's pretty hurry up and wait, because the only real maint. I need to do, other than daily nutrient checks, is keep the stuff under the canopy trimmed. I'm not planning on taking any clones, or I now would have been the time to take them. I'm planning on getting enough from this harvest that I can take some time off, it's stressful when you have something like this in your basement! But, well worth it, I believe.

later y'all

Attached Files:

10. #30 dangerousD, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2011
    day 10 of 12/12, trimmed a little more under the screen, and just keeping an eye on things. just installed 1 of my new night vision surveillance cameras so now I can keep an eye on my grow room 24/7 on my phone. sweet! I bought the swann dvr system that was in high times a few issues back. mostly got it for neighborhood vandals.

Attached Files:

11. day 11 of 12/12

Attached Files:

12. day 13 of 12/12. really starting to stretch, but I'm keeping the taller branches in line by pinching the stem. temp has dropped since the 12/12 switch, staying around 73f and consistently around 51% humidity. also, I've noticed they've been drinking a lot of nutes lately but I'm keeping ppm around 1450-1600

Attached Files:

13. Looking Nice, when they bud you'll get at least 2-3 ounces of dankness. I'm considering bubble buckets because of they're EXTREME yield.

14. M really learning a bunch by following your progress on this grow, OP

M starting my first grow, using BB hydroponics, too. I notice you keep your reservoir outside the grow room. I want to grow 3 plants, so would that mean I'd have 3 5G buckets with 1 larger reservoir? Did you DIY or buy the system fully made?

Really excited to see your progress, GL!

15. awesome Von DooM! I'm glad that I can help you learn, as I have learned everything I know on this website, and out of a couple of books. nothing beats actual feedback though and this site is awesome for that.

I liek the rez. outside the room for 2 reasons: the rez. temp stays lower by not being under that 400w light and I can do maint. on the rez. even when it's dark time in the room. my rez. outside the room is actually just another 5 gal. bucket now. I started out with a rubbermaid tote, but the wall was flimsy, and I kept getting leaks. I had an extra 5 gal black bucket and I drilled a bunch of holes in it with a spade drill, and had a bunch of hard rubber grommets (and I even ganked some off my old waterfarms) and I just built it all myself. If you look on ebay or amazon, they are selling this exact same thing for over $200, and I figure I spent about $13 for each bucket, 2 small pumps, 2 airstones per plant bucket, the tubing which I got online (make sure not to get clear tubing) and all the grommets and some valves that I put on the return lines so if I want, I can close those valves, unhook the rez. and clean it thoroughly (only if I have to).

the only difference from the ones theyre selling online, is that rather than just having all 4 buckets being fed with one larger pump, I have 2 smaller pumps. each outgoing line from the rez. supplies 2 of the buckets, and it keeps the levels in the plant buckets just a few inches higher than the rez. this is nice because I never have to open the lids to the plant buckets (I do anyway, paranoid, haha). with a scrog, you dont want to have to move those plants around much. When I drain my rez. i just redirect the pumps to a longer hose that I pump the nutes out of into a water jug to dump. I never get every single drop out when doing this, but oh well, it's good enough.

16. here's some closer pics of the lines to and from the rez.

Attached Files:

17. #37 dangerousD, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2011
    getting bushy up top, keeping it trimmed below. day 58 from seed. I think its around day 14-15 of 12/12 switch.

Attached Files:

18. keeping it bushy up top but trimmed below

19. #39 dangerousD, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    oh I'm hoping to get around 6-7 oz. at a very minimum. my last grow I had 2 plants, no scrog and lots of little popcorn buds and ended up with 6.1 oz. with 2 oz. of high quality trimmings that I used to try to make hash (fail)

20. Did you ever tuck the plant under the screen or did you just let it grow straight through?