Dangerous jobs

Discussion in 'General' started by sofakingstoned, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Anyone ever had a dangerous job? I've always wanted to do something extreme like underwater welding or crab fishing..sounds like fun to me and with risk comes reward too! Any insight on this?

2. does gas station attendant count?

3. If you were in the middle east wrapped in an American flag...then yes.

4. Id really like to get a dangerous job ( one that pays for the danger of course). Im bored as shit with my life atm and would love to just work my ass off and make a bunch of money. Like working on an offshore oilrig or something.

5. I want to be a mercenary.

6. Crab fishing is the only one I can think of, sounds fun.
    Or be like the crocodile hunter i think his name was Steve erwing not sure poor guy passed away though

7. That's exactly what im talking about! That shit sounds crazy! Id love to do something like that but I just haven't committed to it yet.

8. I would commit to it if I could just remake my resume and send that shit in. They need people bad and you make a shit ton of money for only 6 month pay. Very dangerous but i bet you just worry about the money and it help you get through it hehe.

9. How long are you actually off shore for? Or do you get to choose?

10. From what ive read it depends on the company. Some people get 2 weeks on 1 week off. Of also heard of 3 months on 1 month off. So im not really sure exactly how long.

11. I was a firefighter; the pay wasn't good at all.

12. I used to work with high voltage equipment, someone makes a cock up and you get vapourised or melted inside out.

13. I've always thought that was horseshit man, you guys are saving peoples lives and everything in it and get paid squat!

For what its worth I tip my hat to you good sir and thank you for your your time served!

+ rep, I know ima give you a grey square but fuck it, your getting it anyways! Lol.

14. #14 sofakingstoned, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2013
    I had a friend who said his uncle worked in Alaska on the pipeline as a welder. Dude said they would drop him off in the middle of bumfuck with supplies and he would work his way down the pipeline doing maintainace and making repairs. That shit just sounds fucking incredible...like, I can't think of a bigger test of mental and physical strength.

I guess that's what I really want. When im old and grey I don't want to say "yea I worked in a factory my whole life." I want to go live and experience! And have stories to tell about great adventures I've been on.

15. i've never had a dangerous job but this reminded me of a video of one i saw the other day:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCYZZPwJr_c]The scariest video you have ever watched in the name of science - YouTube[/ame]

16. Fuckin aye man! Im not afraid of heights....but damn I dunno about that one! Lol

17. I used to fight silver back gorillas in hand to hand combat down in Somalia.
    Shit was pretty dangerous.

18. Forget pipeline workers and tower climbers

A single mother is the hardest job in the world. :laughing:

19. @moonbeams: right on, was the pay good? Did you get to fuck there wife if you one? Lol

@bwood: lots of jobs are hard, im talking about dangerous.

20. welllllllll they let me fuck every gorilla I defeated. The pay was meh. :p