Dangerous D's ak48 bubble bucket grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by dangerousD, Aug 16, 2012.

1. I forgot to mention, I have a little 90 cfm squirrel cage fan pulling the hot air out of both of the 400w lights.

2. I am just about ready to start another grow. I am going to use your idea for keeping the light off the roots. It looks to be very simple and effective.

3. day 20 pics. lights on 18/6 schedule, ppm at 320.

Attached Files:

4. the NL plant has some fat leaves, where the other freebie is skinny fingered. Not sure if it's a sativa, but it's healthy. the roots are getting plentiful and the level of the nutes is perfect. I used 8 gallons of distilled water mixed with 50% of the recommended nutes for seedlings. I like to sneak up on it, and I'll probably not go over 1000 ppm the whole grow. In another week, I'll change out the nutes and bump up to 650'ish

5. day 22 pics. looking good! I have the temp at 73 max, 35% RH. ppm 300

Attached Files:

6. Sucks that your ak48 didnt pop out! I love that strain so much!

7. Yeah, I am growing it next, I was hoping to see DD grow it. Plants are looking great btw.

8. day 30: I'm changing out reservoir today. nutes will be around 800 ppm. the healthier looking plant is the northern lights.

Attached Files:

9. looks nice!! Are you going to do any sort of training?

10. I don't think i'll do any training of the plants. Last grow was by far my best yield, and it was the first time (I think, can't remember for sure) that I didn't FIM, or top. It seemed to produce more without topping, so I'm stickign with that. If I were really really trying to push the yield, I woud scrog, the only issue is that plant on the left: it's a nirvana freebie, seed, so I have no idea if it's going to be male, a sativa, etc. so I'm hoping to switch to 12/12 in the next 10 days. if it's a male, I'll just pull it out, and maybe put one of my smaller plants that I have in veg in there in it's place.

11. Nirvana didnt state if it was regular seed or feminized? When i placed my order they identified the extra ones as female.

12. [quote name='"4ddiction"']Nirvana didnt state if it was regular seed or feminized? When i placed my order they identified the extra ones as female.[/quote]

nope, the bag just said freebies. at least that's what I can recall. I do smoke a lot of weed though haha

13. update with pics

Attached Files:

14. it's day 36, or thereabouts. I switched to 12/12 on day 32. today I drained reservoir and refilled with flowering/bloom nutes. thnigs are looking good. should see sex in next few days

15. day 41, day 9 of 12/12. the NL is showing its female parts, nothing yet on the freebie. that freebie from here on out will be known as stretch Armstrong, as its the stretchier fucker I've ever seen. I've kept the light close to it, but it's probably a sativa. keeping ppm around 1200 max (that includes some of my water from the hose as they're drinking so much I can't keep enough distilled water around to keep the Rez full)

Attached Files:

16. well, sorry it's been so long since my last post, but I ended up trashing the stretchy ass plant on the left, now the NL plant is over 6 feet tall and I had to cut off the top, just so the rest woudl fit under the light. not sure why the NL stretched so much, but I'm expecting a big yield. It's taking longer than I thought, as I thought by now I would be flushing, but there are hardly any orange 'hairs' and the trichs are still pretty clear.

i am starting to see some orange hairs, and think it will be another week or 2 before I start to flush.

i'll post pics later.

grow has been pretty uneventful, which is good.

17. Hi DD i like your thread bummer about the AKs but always next time,ive done a couple of indoor grows over the years but am not an expert in any way,Ive still got a little to learn but being new to GC won't take long to become a pro.I have a little question for u ,I was wondering with the nirvana plant u said it stretched,looking at the pics I think it looks like it stretched at a certain time,also the NL looks like its stretched also but not as vigorous as nirvana.I might be wrong but did anything happen with the grow to cause this. I was just wondering cause the pics don't show them off and could be just that,I'm keeping posted do keep up the good work. New user-MarkyMark

18. It's been awhile. I was curious to see how you've progressed. My AK's are at Day 22 Flower. I am looking forward to seeing what you get out of this. 6 feet tall, that's awesome!