Dang Mold

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hoko, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Well now the plants that i had that all germinated i did the lil thingy with the wrap over the top so that the moisture stays in and i think it was too moist.... it had taken awhile for the plants to come up so i took off the wrap and it smelled really bad i hadnt been watering them but the wrap was keeping in all the moisture and it produced mold i trashed all those good seeds :( but its alright i guess i have a few more that are germinating and one of them is really fat that took a week just to show its tap root and the root is gigantic so hopefully without the wrap or baggy thangy over the top this time it will drain a bit better and i wont get moldy stuff that smells on my plant and i know its mold because i started to dig down to see if my seeds had done anything and there was this white fungusy stuff like on a layer through the pot strange to me.

2. Dang it didnt mean to post that yet!

Well question that was soppose to go up there was if i take off the wrap will it keep out the mold cause it drains pretty quickly its a plain party cup one of hte larger ones that ya drink out of with 5 holes in the the bottom about a cm diameter well tell me what ya think hoko

3. open it up a couple times a day to let some fresh air in there...........damnit i hate that smell!

4. yepyep...
    how long did you leave it germinate? might have been too long