1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Dang Mold

Discussion in 'Absolute Beginners' started by hoko, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Well now the plants that i had that all germinated i did the lil thingy with the wrap over the top so that the moisture stays in and i think it was too moist.... it had taken awhile for the plants to come up so i took off the wrap and it smelled really bad i hadnt been watering them but the wrap was keeping in all the moisture and it produced mold i trashed all those good seeds :( but its alright i guess i have a few more that are germinating and one of them is really fat that took a week just to show its tap root and the root is gigantic so hopefully without the wrap or baggy thangy over the top this time it will drain a bit better and i wont get moldy stuff that smells on my plant and i know its mold because i started to dig down to see if my seeds had done anything and there was this white fungusy stuff like on a layer through the pot strange to me.

2. Dang it didnt mean to post that yet!

Well question that was soppose to go up there was if i take off the wrap will it keep out the mold cause it drains pretty quickly its a plain party cup one of hte larger ones that ya drink out of with 5 holes in the the bottom about a cm diameter well tell me what ya think hoko

3. open it up a couple times a day to let some fresh air in there...........damnit i hate that smell!

4. yepyep...
    how long did you leave it germinate? might have been too long

Grasscity Deals Near You