Damn,

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by AresKenux, Jan 10, 2013.

1. There is so much I want to know, but so little that I need to know.

The base root of wisdom and understanding is so simple, yet I cannot comprehend it!

Maybe it's love, maybe it's hate. Maybe it's good maybe it's evil. Maybe it's a noun, a person place or thing, or a verb, an action. Someone help me, lol, I think I'm over thinking it, but I can't feel it!

2. The trick is to accept that what you need to know you already know. What you don't know you either don't need to know, OR, you wlll know what you need to know when you need to know it. Not a moment before, but not a moment after either.

3. If there were a base root of wisdom, it'd be math. It really just depends on what you're yearning on learning. If you're dealing with the universe, math. If you're dealing with human nature, nature and emotions would be a good place to start. If you're dealing with the spiritual nature, your imagination.

4. The root of wisdom is in knowing: "All I know is I know nothing."

James Van Der Beek said that. He's such a genius.

5. Similar to this right?
    I know what makes sense. And don't what doesn't. \t\t\t

6. [quote name='"esseff"']The trick is to accept that what you need to know you already know. What you don't know you either don't need to know, OR, you wlll know what you need to know when you need to know it. Not a moment before, but not a moment after either.[/quote]

Ha! Right on! As long as you are alive then you have everything you need for the most important thing in life.
    Lol. You know, we are immortal......for a while........because.......wait for it......until you die nothing can kill you.

7. Until you die there is no such thing as death.

You have everything you need to live in the moment, which is all there is. So, by realising how to live in the now, the concept of death no longer exists, and everything that is there with you is all there could possibly be.

8. [quote name='"tHe LoNLy StOnR"']The root of wisdom is in knowing: "All I know is I know nothing."

James Van Der Beek said that. He's such a genius.[/quote]

Hmm....I always thought (well, i guess i didn't ALWAYS think it, but at least I think I've always thought it,) that it was PLATO who FIRST said that, it was SOCRATES who first said that.
    Learn something new everyday (well, I don't know if I learn something new EVERYDAY.)

9. [quote name='"esseff"']Until you die there is no such thing as death.

You have everything you need to live in the moment, which is all there is. So, by realising how to live in the now, the concept of death no longer exists, and everything that is there with you is all there could possibly be.[/quote]

Yeah. That was particularly well said.

I often think that I should boil these things down to a really well expressed and yet simple sentence or two.
    But then somebody comes along to remind me that we each have our forte, and that it is always fun to watch a master at work.
    Thanx man!

10. ^^^Yeah. Plaot or Socrates first said the last part, but JVDB said the entire sentence. :shrug: