Damn Storms

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by outdoorgrower7, Aug 21, 2010.

1. So I have a huge 6 foot tall indica bush thats two and a half weeks into flowering. The last couple nights have brought some intensely extreme storms through my area. I went to check on my baby this morning and to my disgust, a large main branch off the main stem has completely snapped :mad: Being a super thick and strong plant I thought it would be strong enough to withstand these storms but god proved me wrong. I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to make sure this doesn't happen to other branches. Would duct taping the snapped branch back in place help it recover?

Thanks

2. I don't know. I had a tomato branch that broke because of the weight. I used that blue painter's tape to hold the broken piece onto the main stalk and it worked well enough for the fruit to ripen.

No loss in trying ductape i suppose.

3. Yeah thats what I was thinking. It looks like I lost about 4 decent size colas if it doesnt recover. Pretty damm frustrating

4. You can try using a splint to fix the broken limb if its not too late (it probably is) You take an appropriately sized piece of wood and tape the broken branch to it, you can also support the splinted limb by taping it to a strong stake or post you drive into the ground. The staking process is also a good way to prevent breakage, put like 4 stakes around the plant and strap up all the major branches, not only does this help prevent broken limbs, it takes some of the strain off plant so it starts growing less woody limb and more stinky bud! Hope this helps! :hello:

• Agree Agree x 1