Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Damn, putting my dog down

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dc123, Jun 30, 2011.

1. What's up GC? I've had my dog since I was 7 years old. I'm 21 now. He's 14, real bad hips, bad eyes, and this thing called doggy dementia. He's in bad shape and now the family says we need to put him down.

It's crazy b/c we grew up together, he and I, and he literally is the best friend I've ever had. Damn, it's so depressing to see him go out like this. He has always had my back, when I was having issues with my family/girls/friends growing up, he was the one I could always depend on. I used to smoke all the time and just kick it with him in the backyard and play with him for hours. Just wondering if anybody has advice on how to handle it and if it has ever happened to you?

He will be the first thing to ever die that was close to me. Nobody from my family (that I was ever close to) has died, no friends, nothing. But now my best friend of 14 years is leaving me. Thanks for the love GC. Thanks for any input you might have. :(

2. Smoke the lil ***** up before putting him down :smoke:

Ask the vet if he wants a hit :smoke:

3. AWW man im so sorry is there anyway you can talk them out of it ???

4. Ahh I had to put my dog down about a year ago. Same story, got him when I was six and had to put him down at 20. He had hip problems and shit too, so for the last year or so of his life I was mentally preparing myself for the day we had to put him down. I took it better than I thought. One day he just couldn't get up. I remember him looking at me so scared that morning. I just accepted the fact that he lived a full and happy life, and that by putting him down I was ending his suffering. Still cried like a baby and miss the hell out of him though.

I'm sorry man. Much love to you and your pooch.

And to Doc Smurf... god damn it...

Skunky Monkey: It's not really something you want to put off. When it's time it's time. It's almost selfish to prolong the dog's suffering.

5. No. The dog should be put down. It is miserable as hell...

Sorry for your loss. My dog is edging on 13, now. He will be going soon, I'm afraid. Had him since I was like 7. Very depressing to see him basically go to shit. I feel your pain. ):

6. I lost a dog and a few cats. It sucked really bad and I still think about them from time to time. It going to hurt like a motherfucker, but you'll be okay.

Remember... all dogs go to heaven :)

7. Damn bro good luck, my family and I had a german shepherd named shelby that was the best dog anyone can ever ask for but died recently from cancer at the age of 4, good luck man.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB9UTOJzJb0]YouTube - ‪R.I.P Shelby‬‏[/ame]

8. I'm not a pet guy, but I've always wanted to have a relationship like that. I really do sympathize with you. The one living thing that will be loyal without question until the day they die... and they have to have a much shorter lifespan than humans. Nothing gold can stay.

9. I had to stop watching when the music started. I knew I was gonna cry.

I love my dog so much. He's always been there. Sigh.

10. Damn I'm sorry dude that's terrible, I know I'll lose it one day when my dog starts gettin real old.

11. Man I feel you I had to put down my Golden Retriever. Loyalist dog ever, She was 16 and had bad hips and eye sight, but it's the best thing to do especially if the dog is getting old. I know it can be hard to lose a loyal companion. When we had to put our dog down I was 15, it was my first close loss to me. It will be hard but stay strong.

12. Dude, im sitting in the library at my university and I'm sure people are looking at me like why is this kid tearing up in the library.

But for real dude, I have had Radar (my black lab) for 3.5 years now, and him and I are inseparable. He sleeps with me, eats with me, sits around while i'll take shits and when i get home from a rough day at work or with anything he is always there for some kisses and a ball. I can't imagine losing him at this point in time, and especially after having him for 14 years.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck through the hard times and don't be afraid to show the tears brother. He was your best friend and he will be with you forever.

We took my parents dog to mcdonalds and got a baby ice creme cone right before we put her down and we all had a nice cry in the car with her before taking her in. She knew what was happening and walked in like a champ.

I'm sorry for your loss, sincerely

13. Man that is rough I feel for ya man, I had to go with my girl and her family to put there dog of 15 years down saddest thing ever! Terrible & depressing too watch. They are a part of the family they aren't just pets.

14. Yeah, yeah. I only find it sad that most animals only live for a few years, while us humans live around 70 years. (Depending on if you don't get hit by a bus)

15. 4!? or 14? Damn... 4 years and dead. That totally sucks.

16. We tried to put my friends 16yr old jack russel terrier down with edibles. He just got owned but visibly relaxed it was cool. His back went from being all arched and shit to him being able to lay right. It was cool to watch but ya. My friends mom won't put it down and it's like retarded, the dog I mean. He's blind and deaf and only knows one loop from his bed to the backyard. He has horrible arthritis and his back looks fucking weird like it's pointed in the middle or something..

17. Yeah around 4 years old she got cancer then was gone a week later..happened when we least expected it. It was basically my moms daughter, I remember her crying every day. Sad stuff :(

18. Man this bowls for your dog. I love mine to death and am know someday he wont be waitin for me.

Keep your head up man. I think I've had stronger relationships with dogs then most humans

19. im going to cry when my dogs died ive had them my whole life also

20. This.