Damn Mormons keep dropping off flyers.

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Apocalibz, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Mormons are decent folks, just misguided.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yea I agree, they are misguided but always seem really nice.

My weirdest experience was when I had door-knocking Scientologists. Apparently they've opened a new church somewhere around the nearby shopping plaza. I just find it very hard to believe that a Sci-Fi author created an entirely true religion involving space ships and aliens. And much like the Catholic Church, the church of Scientology are making enormous amounts of money while remaining protected from taxes as a religious organization. Scientology might even be just a business masquerading as a religion. At the very least, I think they've blurred the lines.

They asked me what I thought about their religion and I told them that I think their beliefs are equally fictitious to any of L Ron Hubbards other sci-fi works. They seemed shocked to hear me speak such heresy and quickly departed.

3. I had a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses show up yesterday morning. Same shit, different smell or is it the other way around?

4. My friend and I used to hang out with the rotating shift of mormons. We would seldom talk about Mormonism, instead of talked authority, marijuana, cars, music, weight lifting, philosophy etc. We got them into working out at the gym while they were in town, the bought some bikes and would ride out to the park to hang out with us. It was pretty cool.

5. A couple showed up at my door one time and handed me a pamphlet in Spanish. When I informed them I didn't speak Spanish, they asked me to point out my Spanish speaking neighbors.

They were actively recruiting Hispanics/Latin Americans. So strange.

6. Ask them for their holy book then if you are ever in the hospital (or airplane or jail cell) and you have an annoying roomie you can just whip that baby out and *BAM* your roomie / neighbour will either demand a transfer or leave you alone 100%.