Damn I love weed and metal

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Benito, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Go buy the new Between the Buried and Me cd "Colors" and listen to the song "Sun of Nothing" at around 3m:20s. weirdest thing ever.

actually go listen to the entire cd. amazing

2. woa man, i just did that last nite. i put it in the dvd player so i could listen to it surround sound and smoked like 1,000 bowls.

3. big sabbath fan....original metal imo :metal:

4. c'mon on now, lets get serious..pantera, greatest band ever enough said

5. Most popular and influental, yes, but best band ever? i dont think there is one 'best band', especially in metal.

but your fucking right, pantera is fucking brutal.

6. yes i agree with there really is no 'best band' but they are some fukn good metal

7. I thought they just came out with a new CD not too long ago? Hmm.. looks like I have a new one to get :D

8. helllll yeahhhh!! no matter what anyone says, metal would not exit today if it werent for sabbath.

9. between the buried and me = amazing.
    their playing tomorrow near my area.

10. I mildly liked pantera... but then again I dont like metallica, slayer, ect...

not heavy enough :)

11. you know man, i'll be the first to agree with you. black sabbath, metallica, pantera(even though most of there shit is fucking awsome) is just not the metal that im liking now.

Dont get me wrong though, i greatly* respect for the influence that they made on what i do currently love to listen to. they're just not the first thing id pop in my cd player.

*augmenting this to show just how much respect i have for the fathers of metal.

12. sabbath are gods. i <3 them...i only seen ozzy in concert 2 times...but meh...i would prefer iommi over wylde

13. Eh, they're heavy enough, youre just too used to scooped sounds and double bass grooves. Pantera and Slayer are some of the most raw bands ever.

14. I couldn't have said it better myself.

15. me too, but id prefer Randy Rhoads over both of them

16. Haha, yeah that CD (Colors) is bizzare man. I absolutely love some parts of it, but damn they really need to gain a focus with their songwriting. Soooo random.

17. So I'm gonna slip in and say I'm a huge Slipknot fan. I know, I know Nu Metal sucks, but come on, you got to like at least one Slipknot song........right?:rolleyes:

18. Lamb of God= Best band ever

19. Amon Amarth is by far my favorite metal band of all time, i also like dimmu borgir, opeth, wintersun, morbid angel, arch enemy, behemoth, obituary and some others