Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

damn i got a addiction

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Cali_Toker, Dec 30, 2003.

1. well I've done my cutting back... the whole just smoke once a day...sometimes dont smoke for a day. I can tell you this...

If u want to lower ur tolerence... a day.. a week.. aint gonna do it for more than just the next time u get high. U need to quit for months for your overall tolerence to lower. If you wanna cut back cuz you think you buy it to much, i say do it... cuz then when you do smoke u feel more fulfilled. I myself, have a moderate tolerence, n i dunno why cuz altho i've smoked for years and years, i've only smoked maybe this past year and a half maybe 2 every day, few times a day... any thoughts on that?

2. yeah i wouldnt necesarily call it a dangerous addiction or a bad one, but it can be if you let it. I like to compare it to things that everyone can relate to. take watching tv for example. if you love watching tv and you have the opportunity to watch it every day of course your going to, and you dont really feel a need to stop unless it keeps you from doing homework or other important things. its not a chemical addiction at all just something you like to do and usually dont see a reason to stop, but if you really want to stop just try not thinking about it so much. i think mostof the addiction is under your control, so if you let it get to you its alot worse than if you just try not to focus on it or think of it as a good thing.

3. maybe some of us want to do something with our lives while we smoke instead of just smoke...

4. See thats the thing... it doesnt fit us. Its attitudes like that one right there that gave pot the bad name it has with people who don't understand it. I think personally that its very stupid to quit your job because u wanna smoke weed... what are u gonna do when u cant pay for the munchies? Or the house you live in? What are u gonna do when u can't get on GC anymore because you dont have a phone line?

Well... at least it isnt a hard drug your lovin so much :p

5. that's not a love for weed. it's just an irresponsible decision. it's what the pigs like to call amotivational syndrome. how are you supposed to pay your bills if you don't have a job and all you do is smoke weed. it's an addiction when you let it take over your daily life.

6. The Dark Side of Weed

Hehe. It's really the dark side to anything. And it is a purely mental addiction. Being stoned is so much fun that you just want to do it all the time. The longer you've been stoned for, the harder it is to come back to reality, and the bigger the shock is when you finally do. As much as reality sucks, it's all we have, and you need to live in it at least once a day (IMHO), or you'll drastically increase the risks of becoming very detached from reality.

I'm strapped for cash right now. The cash inflow isn't quite covering the cash outflow. That sucks, but I do have money in savings, specifically for these kinds of times. However, I told myself that I wouldn't spend any of my money on frivilous items until my financial situation started looking better.

In all honesty, I could easially afford to go grab a baggy. Actually, I have enough in savings that I could grab an ounce or more. But I don't, because I know that I may very well need every dollar of my savings for more important things if my financial situation doesn't clear up quickly.

Basically it's about personal responsibility. Anything can control your life, if you let it, but you are the only thing that really controls you. If something is controling your life, it's up to you to take control back!!

7. i have an addiction too!...but its to soda :D (caffiene actually, but in soda form)

ive stop smoking pot for months at a time on my own, i remember once i had about an oz. and i said to myself "it costs too much, im stoppin, im not even gonna finish this bag...imma hide it so i never find it again" (i said all that while stoned...i dont hink i said it so much as thought it lol) so i got even more fucked up and hid it somewhere...2 months later i start smokin again...and a month after that i find the bag in just about the most obvious spot on earth (i hadnt even been lookin for it...just found it, and i had forgotten about hiding it...) so i thought that one of my friends musta given it to me (just so happened that it was my b-day the day before) and they all denied it up and down...so i was like...whoa! god gave me a bag of pot for my b-day, sweet!...then i remembered again that i hid it a few days later...lol

8. Yeah, sure sittin' around smokin' pot all day might work for you, but I wanna be able to sit in a nice house and smoke blunts, hotbox a nice car, and smoke out fine women. When I start slippin' into too much stoner, I think of that, and realize I gotta take a break so I can recapture my life.

9. I love smoke'n bud. i smoke all the time. But it doesn't dictate my day. I smoke almost every day before school, and I pass with A's and B's. You just can't let it take over. The only problem I have is that it takes all my damn money, lol.

10. dude, I'm gonna say it, I'm addicted like fuck and I dont know what the fuck to do about it. I started what i call my 4rd Era of Reefa to cover up depression and shit coz of my parents divorce and when i got kidnapped coz shit was fuckin me up and i didnt care about nuthin no more but now I got my GCSEs coming up and cant revise and people tellin me 2 quit til the exams are over but i dont think I can.

I need to stop but I cant... I mean for one thing it'll fuck me up and i wont b able 2 concentrate on schoolshit with wantin to smoke on my mind.

I been dodging acknowledging I got a problem for the last few years now, sayin i can quit at any time i want, but now i realize I am stuck in this happy happy world.
    If i fail my exams then im fucked, i'll have no school 2 go to and will probably have to go back 2 living in England with my mum, and no offense but I live in fucking Holland... Given my love of ganj i would die of going dry in England, shits so pricey...

well... peace... goin 2 hit my bong now...

11. I find it more like i'm forced to not smoke too much due to lack of money atm :( but when i have the money, i do smoke to much, only because i dont get as high. Sometimes i need to take a break but tis so hard.

12. I had come to the same realization a while back as well. Didn't think of it as too much of an addiction, more of a requirment to about to doing daily things. I then stopped buying. If being high is turning out to be an everyday thing, maybe being sober will be a high, a different high. Think about it and give it a try.

Since then I have cut half greatly and smoking 1-2 a week.

13. yeah, In the summer when there is no school Me and my friends get high every day! In then I will not buy and I will stay sober for about a week, and Its the shit. Then I go back to getting high again, lol.

14. I smoke every day, pretty much all day. Can't work, live at
    home with the 'rents, sit in front of the computer all day, and
    get stoned. Ah, that's the life. But I mean if I've got
    anything I've got to do, or anywhere I've got to go, I do what
    needs to be done. Then I smoke.

15. hehe yep thats the way to do it. I wanna grow my own but dont have the... well dont have alot of thigns i'dneed :p

16. I dont have a dependacy on weed at all. I stopped for over a month when I moved to PA, but I'm smoking pretty much daily, but i'm tired of smokin schwag now. So im gonna cut back, I used to never have that problem, now all there is is schwag around here. I'm only spending my cash on hydro, thats it.