Damn dude, Nitrous Oxide side effects are f*ed up!

Discussion in 'General' started by infiniteawesome, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Toxicity

Use of Nitrous Oxide for prolonged periods results in inhibition of the enzyme methionine synthase which is involved in DNA synthesis, causing changes in bone marrow after as short a time as 3-4 hours. This is a direct result of irreversibly oxidising the Cobalt II up to the III state in the Vitamin B12, a cofactor in the methionine synthase. Furthermore the enzyme cannot displace the oxidised B12, so the only regeneration possible is de-novo synthesis of new enzyme, in the presence of fresh, intact B12. Prolonged exposure to nitrous oxide may cause agranulocytosis, as well as leading to increased plasma concentrations of Homocysteine which has been implicated as a risk factor for peri-operative myocardial ischemia.

Yo, found this on Wikipedia, thought you guys might want to check it out.

2. it was big in my high school. freshman thats normally the first drug people would do.

i never did it till i was a senior, and had already had a crazy time with drugs.

i never liked it.

3. I've never done it, but my roomie has a bunch of times . . . meh, he's ok and all, just it's funny.

He once said "man, if you ever want to get fucked up, just take some shrooms and right when you feel the shrooms kick in, hit some nitrous . . . total disassociation, man, no connection with where you are or what time period you're in or anything, it's the closest thing I can associate death with being like."

I thought that shrooms sounded pretty cool, but I didn't want to start hallucinating so badly I didn't feel a sense of A reality . . . ah well, can't see eye to eye on everything . . . well, ever, lol.

4. i thought it sucked i did a whip it..and i was like wow why not just smoke a fucking joint?

5. I've done it like.. twice or three times. Never felt a thing. I don't get it.

6. I said something about the side effects of nitrous way back when I first joined because everyone was singing it's praises.
    I'm a dental asisstant and I know all about it but would anyone listen? No.
    Why do people think so many dentists are abandoning the use of it in their offices? There is a reason the liability is high people.

7. it's an okay drugs, but like Mr.bubbles said, why not just smoke a joint?

8. Medical grade shit is the best I get it tommorow when I get my teeth pulled.

9. or a steam roller :)

10. Yeh, that sounds like a good time to get some medical mj.