Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Damaging Brain Cells

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nstyle, Jan 13, 2011.

1. does weed damage brain cells or influence your short term memory.

i feel kinda dumb now compared to before when i didnt smoke :S

2. Yes but its not physical effects. The only brain cell loss is when you hold your breath. The short term memory is just you being high

3. You kill brain cells by any means that deprive your brain of oxygen, such as smoking. However not enough damage is done to affect your overall brain health.

Marijuana also affects short term memory for the duration of the high, but this goes away once you come down.

4. Maybe you stopped studying cause you were getting high? If you need any reassurances that weed doesn't kill brain cells, just look at mark emery - he's the godamn prince of pot and hes one smart motherfucker. Go read a book or something if think your losing brain cells man, your mind needs excercise just as much your body.

5. brain cells, probably not directly from the cannabis itself.

short term memory, lol yesterday i lost two picks and two pens within 3 minutes :)

6. It doesn't kill braincells to my knowledge. There have been studies that suggest that it may actually encourage old cells to die earlier, which is good because they won't become cancerous. As for brain cells there are studies that suggest that it stimulates new brain cell growth. As for short term memory, I notice my short term memory to be slightly impacted when I smoke everyday, but if I dont smoke for a few days I'm totally fine.

7. This.

Guitar picks? Those little fuckers evaporate dont they :confused:

8. It's been scienctifically proven to not kills brain cells. But only to possibly incrase brain cell stimulation.

9. On the other hand, swimmers are not a bunch of moronic imbeciles. So, the idea that even holding your breath for just a few seconds would have any significant impact on brain cell death is stretching the boundaries of reality.

Furthermore, some studies point in the direction of cannabis actually being a catalyst for new brain cell growth.

10. The whole "brain damage" myth came from a test with rhesus monkeys back in the day. They showed significant brain damage after being subjected to marijuana smoke for long periods of time. What was never mentioned when the gov. produced this information for the public was the fact that these monkeys were deprived of oxygen for 5 mins at a time, causing the brain damage.

Moral of the story = don't hold your hits for 5 mins or it might cause brain damage...

11. its crazy, its as if a theres a pick fairy out there :confused_2:

12. LOL at the guitar picks
    thats what happens to me i forget where i put my shit the minute i put it down when im high !

13. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhDTAqVIpfk"]Why the Government Says Marijuana Kills Brain Cells...Its all BS[/ame]

14. heres the full union video if you find that clip interesting
    they also show how tobacco fields use radioactive fertilizer : \

The Union

15. Like other posters have said, it does not cause brain cell damage and may even stimulate brain cell growth.