Damage done by anti-vaccination movement

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Malvolio, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Lmao at all the "fear mongering" those pesky health nutters do. I mean if they dont get vaccines we might all get sick and die!!! LMFAO WAKE UP!! Not all vaccines are bad and not all are probably that good for you, but to talk about fear mongering while at the same time claiming their infringing on your freedom to be healthy from ANY AND ALL DISEASE! GET REAL!!

2. You cant pay for smaller potions?
    Maybe not at like olive garden, but you know what your getting before yoh go in and thays why you uave a choice.
    As you said you dont go because of that.

But there are resturaunts that you can get smaller portions at

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

this year it was about the fact that 90% of the cases coming in around here are h1n1 and its been real hard on kids and people with compromised immune systems...a similar strain killed a half million people world wide in 09

4. Saying the vaccine movement is all about money and death statiatics are fearmongering is just silly.

Its like saying people dont really starve to death its just a ploy to sell us food.

Diseases can whipe out entire populations.

5. Well, there will be 1 extra flu shot out there for all you shot takers....I don't get them, so enjoy.....

6. Thats not the issue
    The issue is when people like you dont take them and end up getting sick, you risk spreading a vaccine immune mutation to the rest of us.

Also flu shots are not really nessesary unles you are around kids and old people.

This tjread is more about things that are actually dangerous like polio

7.  Just an observation, no need to get your knickers in a bunch.

I know this man, I'm just saying more restaurants should add that as an option. 

9. i agree

10. 1st.  I trust the CDC just a little more than the NSA.  Seriously, with all the corruption and fraud in 'government' why would I trust an agency?
    2nd.  I was genuinely trying to learn about the issue, but instead of people providing proof, all I read was about how ignorant "anti-vaccine" people are.  Even now you want to talk down to me implying that my agenda is to validate the "anti-vaccine" people, asshole.  After researching the subject, with no help from this thread, I have learned that "anti-vaccine" people are quite ignorant and scientifically illiterate.  

@General 
    Just one study results I came across that was published in a peer-reviewed medical journal.  I particularly found the conclusion that they detected a few significant associations with exposure to mercury from thermisol.  And the detected associations were almost evenly divided between positive and negative effects. 

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17898097

The science goes beyond my pay grade so I accept/acknowledge that vaccination, in general, produce benefits that far outweigh the costs, both to the individual and society as a whole.  However, we live in a world where interest rates are rigged, markets are rigged, even 'science' is rigged, etc.  So I'll keep healthy doses of discernment and skepticism on hand. 

Last known Smallpox death: 1978

The virus isn't even routinely vaccinated for anymore from what I read.

While 500,000 people died last year from heart disease, and another half million from cancer.

Pretty clear to me where the real danger and strain on our healthcare system is :smoking:

12. Why do you consider the CDC untrustworthy, while the National Center for Biotechnology Information (PubMed, NIH, etc) is a reputable source? 

They are the same thing. 

The CDC draws from the same science journals, peer reviewed studies, and research pool that you are when you do a search on PubMed.   You can find the study you posted below on the CDC's website, you can find it by searching WHOs website.

And, I was genuinely trying to answer your questions.  I've explained that thimerosal is no longer used in children's vaccines (which you outlined as a concern).  You asked for links, and I found them for you.  I showed how vaccine manufacturers can be sued, and I posted a really informative, non-political and unbiased article that went into the history of how the anti-vaccine movement gained traction. 

However, the inconsistency in what sources you regard as accurate, and what you think is untrustworthy, makes it difficult to "prove" anything that doesn't fall under your pre-determined belief system.

That is not what the conclusion says.  It's right there....

\tCONCLUSIONS: Our study does not support a causal association between early exposure to mercury from thimerosal-containing vaccines and immune globulins and deficits in neuropsychological functioning at the age of 7 to 10 years. 

Markets and interest rates are created by, and completely dependent on man to operate.  They are, by their very nature, rigged.

Science is entirely different. Science exists independently of humans.

Science experiments can be rigged, or falsified, or misread, but that is why the scientific method is so important.  That is why organizations such as the NCBI, the CDC, the WHO, the Royal Academy of Sciences, etc, only draw from peer reviewed sources. 

Scientific consensus isn't formed over one or two faulty, rigged study.

Skepticism is good.  Most scientists are skeptics, and are always trying prove the previous theory wrong.  Which is why every scientist wants to be the one to debunk scientific consensus (whether it's vaccines or climate change), and why there are hundreds more waiting to see of those results can be replicated. Look at Andrew Wakefield...

13. Science and the FDA sure mixed well. 

That one definitely worked out good for the people  :laughing:

14. When was the last time a million people died in America from not taking vaccines? :smoking:

15. #95 Tunga, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014

Ridiculous question. And the answer is never, and the reason is because everyone else around them got vaccinated to retard the spread of the disease.  

A much more reasonable question would be to ask how many millions of people have died over the course of history from diseases for which there are now vaccines? 

16. Why is it a ridiculous question?

What you said isn't the information I was inquiring about. I know very well lives have been saved from certain vaccines, like Smallpox.

I asked when the last time a million people died in this country because others weren't taking vaccines :smoking: 

17. #97 Penelope420, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014

Let me guess... you fucked around in high school science and biology classes because why would you ever need to know that stuff in your real life?   It shows.

You're asking a question that can not be quantified. 

As Tunga said, you can look at the rate of a disease before the vaccine.  For example, before the vaccine, 300-500 million people died from Small Pox in the 20th century, so it's reasonable to say that the introduction of the vaccine prevented another possible 300-500 million future deaths over the next hundred years.   There's your answer...

the same could be said about when have a million people died from taking vaccines

19. [quote name="Penelope420" post="19446804" timestamp="1391265710"]Why do you consider the CDC untrustworthy, while the National Center for Biotechnology Information (PubMed, NIH, etc) is a reputable source? They are the same thing. The CDC draws from the same science journals, peer reviewed studies, and research pool that you are when you do a search on PubMed. You can find the study you posted below on the CDC's website, you can find it by searching WHOs website.And, I was genuinely trying to answer your questions. I've explained that thimerosal is no longer used in children's vaccines (which you outlined as a concern). You asked for links, and I found them for you. I showed how vaccine manufacturers can be sued, and I posted a really informative, non-political and unbiased article that went into the history of how the anti-vaccine movement gained traction. However, the inconsistency in what sources you regard as accurate, and what you think is untrustworthy, makes it difficult to "prove" anything that doesn't fall under your pre-determined belief system.That is not what the conclusion says. It's right there....\tCONCLUSIONS: Our study does not support a causal association between early exposure to mercury from thimerosal-containing vaccines and immune globulins and deficits in neuropsychological functioning at the age of 7 to 10 years.Markets and interest rates are created by, and completely dependent on man to operate. They are, by their very nature, rigged.Science is entirely different. Science exists independently of humans.Science experiments can be rigged, or falsified, or misread, but that is why the scientific method is so important. That is why organizations such as the NCBI, the CDC, the WHO, the Royal Academy of Sciences, etc, only draw from peer reviewed sources. Scientific consensus isn't formed over one or two faulty, rigged study.Skepticism is good. Most scientists are skeptics, and are always trying prove the previous theory wrong. Which is why every scientist wants to be the one to debunk scientific consensus (whether it's vaccines or climate change), and why there are hundreds more waiting to see of those results can be replicated. Look at Andrew Wakefield...[/quote]Lol at markets being a creation of man but science not. You never seem to amaze me pen. You have outdone yourself even. You have it exactly backwards. It's not even debatable. Natural law is just that natural. Whether it's free markets or science with or without man it exists. But of course in your world only a liberal person can define existence, and give it meaning. If I want freedom from taxes you say pack my shit and leave. But if you want equality for women than you want my money my energy to enslave me to your ideas your view's. I don't want to vaccinate, or my children that's my choice not your business at all! I'll vaccinate if you give up your stupid liberal view's. You want to call people ignorant about medicine than except the fact that you are ignorant about life really. You only want to talk about the fact that these companies changed their ingredients only after the fact that they were poisoning people. Now you claim that they are clean. 10 years from now if they are found to contain some other form of poison then you will just say what? well science was wrong? Another words hi I'm pen markets have been wrong so they need to be eliminated, but when science is wrong it should be further studied. Face palmbat mobile

20. What the fuck are you talking about?

Go take your meds and come back with an accurate, cohesive thought.