1. Win a Personalized Grasscity Stoner Kit! Subscribe to our Youtube for a chance to WIN!
    Dismiss Notice

damage control

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by InsiderGrower, Jan 29, 2004.

1. I have a plant about 1 week away from going into flowering, I think I foliar fed her a little too much and all of the sudden leaves started to curl up, became very dry and just began to break apart; the affected leaves are the biggest the plant has and the next biggest are starting to show the same symptoms.

Again I believe this was due to over feeding even though none of the other 11 plants that were fed at the same rate are showing the problem, only the strongest plant has developed it.

The plants are under a 1000W MH, the room is air conditioned and it's definitelly not a heat problem, the plants are kept in an environment of about 1900PPM CO2, plant growth rate has increased tremendously ever since on CO2 I doubt CO2 could be causing this problem.

Considering the possibility of over-foliar-feeding I've rinsed the leaves with plain water 3 times one day at about 1 hour interval and 2 times the next at the same interval but the problem seems to not be stopping. I watered the plants today and have yet to see if there's any good results. What else can I do to control and stop this?

Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. HIGH All, maybe just wait and see what happens now. Did you feed it differently than the others or are they All hooked up to the same reservoir?

Hope things turn around for you.
  3. Thanks for you answer unoit!

Garden is soil based, not hydroponic. All plants have been fed very similar amounts at the exact same interval of a 20-20-20 fert (problem happened because of 3 days-in-a-row foliar feeding I believe).

All plants have received a very similar amount of nutrients, interestingly the plant with problems is the biggest, strongest plant of them all, the smaller plants probably could use the extra meal :)

Indeed waiting is one of the things that need to be done now, considering counter-measures have taken place (the rinsing and watering), but maybe there's more that can be done, also I'd like to hear from people who's had similar issues as to what impact the momentary problem had on the overall development of the plant throughout the rest of her lifetime.

Thanks again!
  4. 24 hours past update :)

The process seems to continue, but I'm starting to get the feeling it's something produced willingly by the plant, could it be possible that when reaching a certain heigth and considering no pruning whatsoever the biggest leaves start to die to make room to the new ones?

The leaves have not lost color though, they're just as green except just slowly drying from the tips inward.

Any ideas? comments? experiences?
  5. Check soil pH, Biggest fastest plant = fastest soil cycling. Could mean pH problems for your others by the time they catch up. No time like the present to start checking pH!

Grasscity Deals Near You