Dale Carnegie How To Win Friends And Influence People Book/Audio

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by OrganicSamurai, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Hello GC, I wanted to share this great Book with everyone. It is a little old, but it is a book I believe everyone should read once. This book is by far one of the most interesting books I have ever had the pleasure of reading and I can say I have yet to find any books that rival this one in how it analyzes and interprets human interaction. I feel like this book should be a required Minor course in College. I have posted the Audio book as well as the Text. Hope everyone enjoys this book and finds it as helpful as I did.

Book: http://images.kw.com/docs/2/1/2/212345/1285134779158_htwfaip.pdf

2. #2 Homesteader, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Very enlightening book but nothing nobody doesn't already understand.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have the book and it is a classic, wish I had read it in my 20s

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have this book but never opened it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I listened to the audio several years ago. I thought it was pretty good up to a point, but felt like all the advice is left open ended. Like..... everything he says, while seemingly true, fails to follow through to conclusion. Left wondering what the end of the story is. Very frustrating if your looking for answers to life and the purpose of the universe. But I will agree that it's one of the best secular 'self help' publications out there.
    The one thing I walked away with that still affects my attitude and the way I do things to this day, "Treat everyone you meet like they are the most important person in the world. Because after all, in their minds they ARE the most important person in the world." (paraphrased) This has made a difference in my life many, many times over the years. From customer service to cops and judges to defusing really pissed off big dudes in potentially violent situations-even in prison.

6. But I have enough friends.

7. Are you a rock 'n roll star?

8. In a way, yes I am.

9. Good for you!

Here's a fortune cookie for you:
    Don't keep your friends and your fans in the same pocket. It may soon become difficult to tell them apart.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I listen or read this book at least once a year. It changed my life when I read it the first time and I credit a lot of my success in life to it. Conversation is a lost art form. Today's generation spends more time looking at their phone.

Warren Buffet credits Dale Carnegie's course on public speaking to most of his success. He has the course diploma hanging on the wall of his office...it is the only diploma he has hanging(not his degree from U of N or his MBA from Colombia).

• Like Like x 1
  11. His other book, How to Stop Worrying and Start Living is another must read.

• Like Like x 1
  12. How to win friends and influence people taught me how to get more sex

13. I read it and everyone still hates me

• Like Like x 1
  14. Treating everyone like they're the most important person in the world sounds really exhausting