DaKings Outdoor Grow (Church, Big Bang, Passion #1, Lemon Skunk)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by kingbenjamin15, May 12, 2009.

1. Well Grasscity, I thought I would give this a try. I'm new to Grasscity and blogging all together, but growing not so much... I've read a lot of your journals and have been very impressed. I am looking for helpful criticism and comments. So sit back and smoke some, cause I wish I could!

I started these indoor a month ago and man do they reek now! They are smelling up the house for sure... I cant wait to get them outside, but last frost is still on the horizon. As of right now the 13 feminizied babies are under 8 6500k 26 watt cfl's and 2 42 watt cfl's... I just used a power strip turned upside down with light sockets plugged in with Y socket splitters. Works our very nicely with the 26 watt cfls, I could get 8 powered off one power strip! Very make shift, but 10,000 lumens under 50 bucks you can't beat it!

4-04-09
    Recieved seeds from attitude, first time ever buying offline and attitude is A+++. No problems at all!

4-06-09
    Plants were put into some terrible potting soil, peat moss, perlite mix. Which I believe eventually lead to over fertilization.

4-08-09
    Sprouts are appearing (picture 1)

4-12-09
    More Leaves (picture 2)

4-20-09
    Coming Along nicely (picture 3)

Some early overfertilization I believe (pictures 4-5-6-7) Didnt fertilize them, but I believe the soil use was high in ferts, most have bounced back, some still tarded

4-26-09
    Best One ( picture 8):devious:

More on the way shortly

Attached Files:

2. More Pictures!
    The last ones are the most recent, some show signs of nute burn, I believe. Lemme know what you think... 2 are also already outside, the slacking ones. Also hardening off begins this week! bout time to get them outside, they stink! esp. The Church, even with all the stress, this one has done the best! Not to mention it is very very stinky... Same with the lemon Skunk... mad rep to Green House Seeds, very nice stolen genetics.. HeHe:hello:

Attached Files:

3. I just ordered the church and big bang from the attitude as well! Still waiting on their arrival but I hope they end up as good as yours look now.

Subscribed.

4. Thanks zPharoah! well im sorry to tell you that the big bang wasnt such a bang, lol. But the church has not yet stopped surprising me. The smell is rediculous, i could smell them all the way upstairs from the basement. Nothing to mess around with, and the yeild looks to be high too. Im hoping to get 6 footers, I have a friend that works at a lawn and garden place, he got me 11 free bags of MG garden soil and a 30 lb bag of perlite! plus 10 5 gallon buckets... I know its MG but you cant beat free. what nutes are you gonna use?

5. Yea ive heard the church does do a lot better, oh well. Thats amazing u got all that shit for free, i'm using soil i found near the site and mixing it with worm castings, pearlite, bone meal, blood meal, etc. As for nutes right now i'm investing in fox farm goodies(big bloom, tiger bloom) its a big investment but from what i hear, definitely worth it. Whats nutes are you using or going to use?

6. Im using jacks bloom, 20-30-10, something like that, it was also free and i have schultz all purpose 10-15-10... 5 bucks or so... I would like to get some better nutes but not this year, ill manage with what I have. But like you said, def. worth the investment! How far are u traveling to ur spot? and how close is a water source?

7. I live in the suburbs my spot is about 5 minutes away from my house , its really convenient and the nearest water source is about 50 yards from the actual spot, although i haven't been using that water yet because I'm not quite sure how fresh it is. I see fish, ducks, frogs you name it but its a darker color so i don't know if i trust it. Fortunately until my order comes i only have two plants at the moment. I was actually about to order alaskan ice by greenhouse but i didn't want to take the risk of them not getting enough sun, my spots definitely more suited for indicas like the church because of the humidity.

I'm no expert this is my second year but those nutes sound fine, are they organic?

8. No they aren't organic... So ill just have to watch how much I give them... Spots sounds cash... Mine is in the ole backyard lol

9. bloom 10-30-20, I've used it for a few runs indoor and out, its decent, good for the price. Dont be afraid to feed on the heavy side.

plants look good didnt really see any signs of nute issues

10. Thanks for the comment ThePot! And for the information... The only reason i suspected anything, was becuase some of them are still stunted in growth, and i would think they would be bigger than that for a month or so old...

11. Thats amazing i wish i could do it in my backyard. My friends parents are letting him haha its pretty sweet.

12. Yup just gotta be extra careful!

13. Just a lil update... things seem to be going well, the babies seem to be double their size from the last pic!! They should be oustide by the end of this week if all goes well... Wish me luck

Attached Files:

14. Good luck! Looks real good.

15. Thanks Corto! It means a lot! Im hoping to get some monsters, at least 5 of them hehe

16. Update... Plants are still growing. Weather isnt to great gonna wait to transplant. Pics of course... First two pics I really need some help with... im not sure whats up with the leaf...

The last two pictures are of my cousins WW... Man does it it look good, and two weeks younger than mine, im jealous, but he also doesnt have anywhere to grow it... he might donate it to me:hello:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      83 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      75.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      99.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      86.7 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      81.1 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      108.4 KB
      Views:
    • 1b.jpg
      1b.jpg
      File size:
      100 KB
      Views:
    • 7j.jpg
      7j.jpg
      File size:
      64.8 KB
      Views:
    • 8j.jpg
      8j.jpg
      File size:
      53.1 KB
      Views:
  17. The lightsssssss

Attached Files:

18. Bump.... No Love?

19. ¿Qué?

20. This is an impressive freshman effort King. They're looking really nice. You're showing a lot of restraint, which is the first skill growers usually have to master. I call it the LITFA technique:Leave It The Fuck Alone (and let the bitch grow).