Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Daily tokers - Do you drink less because of weed?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MellowStoner, Mar 17, 2022.

1. My preferred drink is Vodka. I smoke almost daily and have two vodka's with a citrus green tea mixed in. Hell I throw a vicodin or tramadol in on top of it sometimes too. My doctor wants to try microdosing me with LSD but curb my depression but she can't get it approved legally. If I didn't wake up tomorrow no one would care anyway, my boys would get a fat insurance policy and inheritance so they'd be all for it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I never drank much after my 20s just due to the fact that I hated wasting half my Saturday hung over feeling bad.

I get high and build shelves for my kids legos, clear brush, organize the basement, all while being regularly harrassed by my kids.

I was never able to have more than 1-2 beers and be that productive.

Now I smoke daily and have alcohol maybe 4-5 times a year when we have people over, and even then its basically just to combat dry throat from smoking.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Nope. Im an alcoholic. Now in remission. Been alcohol free almost 1.5 years now. Using weed as a hobby helped me replace alcohol because I was a bit of a bourbon and tequila/mezcal snob.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Alcohol robs me of a good night's sleep. So me and alcohol don't get along.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I like drinking socially, but I much prefer weed over alcohol. The headaches... no thanks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I tried drinking last night and I was disappointed. So then I got some joints and it mixed okay but, the high was just so much more mellow and laid back.

I should add I was drinking with friends around a campfire and the music and the food was so much better after those tokes. The beer tasted alright tho I just don't care for the affects of alcohol anymore.

Ugh at this point I'll drink 1 around my friends and family to kinda taste it with dinner however fuck getting drunk. It's not worth it people. Puking face down way back as a teen taught me a lesson I'll never forget in life man. :laughing:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. not really i in fact i used to drink more but after my heart by pass op ,i cut drinking down ,,and upped the weed..mac,,,

• Like Like x 4
  8. I smoke more when I drink. The two can be tied together and cause some to drink more because of it.

• Like Like x 4
  9. I stopped drinking completely years ago, with the help of weed. Don't miss it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Funny, I find that mixing weed and alcohol cancel each other out. I'd rather have one or the other. But that's just me. Everyone is different.

Of course, if I could smuggle some good weed into my illegal state, I'd love to transition completely to cannabis.

Tentative plan the next time I go to California is to ship some by private carrier, and carry the rest under the legal limit at LAX. The policy at LAX is to ignore it if it's within the CA legal limit (because weed is legal is CA, thus you can possess it even at the airport in your luggage).

• Like Like x 1
  11. I stopped drinking everything except Beer wine whiskey sipping whisky, Irish sipping whisky.
    Tequila, Vodka, rock gut south of the border with the worm in it , and Sake.
    Yep pretty much like watching paint dry.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I used to drink tremendously and over the last 2 years have replaced the hard stuff with the occasional wine cooler

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  13. I wasn't a snob. Evan Williams Bourbon. $24.80 for a half gallon. Every 2 days. Hit 7 years dry in June. Life is actually more fun sober. I always smoked weed along with drinking, if anything it may have increased slightly not drinking. But not by all that much. My weed smoking didn't increase until I harvested my first bounty. And even then it wasn't a huge increase. But I do have to say the combination of not spending the $25 every two days in conjunction with not having to buy weed anymore made a very noticeable difference in available money. Add in vaping vs cigs, and that's $35/month total vape cost versus $15/day(2 packs) for smokes. And all that shit really added up.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1