Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Daily tokers - Do you drink less because of weed?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MellowStoner, Mar 17, 2022.

1. #1 MellowStoner, Mar 17, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    Over the years, as a daily stoner, I find that I almost never drink anymore. Years ago, I used to drink socially while eating out, at events, etc. On a rare occasion, I might have gone to a bar. For the last few years, however, I have found myself drinking less and less as I enjoy weed more and more.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. I'm the same way. Why kill brain cells to get high? I have nothing against drinking, it just doesn't appeal to me anymore

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I don't drink alcohol at all. My wife makes beer and wine, but I got no interest in it. Anyhow, I'm dumb enough.
    upload_2022-3-17_7-54-22.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. I dont drink at all, never had an interest in it no matter how many drinks im offered. Tried smoking weed first and could never see the point of drinking. If I do sip a drink I end up just wanting to smoke instead.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. I don't drink at all.
    It's funny, when people ask you if you want a drink and you say that you don't drink.........everyone thinks you have a dependency problem.
    Never liked it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. I never drink alcohol either. I already knew it killed brain cells because I've seen other scientific studies on this topic.

Also drinking has been associated with making people more violent/angry. Although this requires heavy alcohol consumption before you get to this point.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. If I had to replace weed, I would not replace it with alcohol. I'd start doing mushrooms

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I'll certainly drink alcohol but I don't drink to get drunk. I hate being hungover and getting sick.

Weed is like alcohol with none of the sickness.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. #9 Vee, Mar 17, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    Do you drink less because of weed? No I drink to Conceal my weed
    I social drink...wander around in crowds with just one long 2 hour? drink,

its to conceal the fact I'm often wasted on weed, and yes at first you forget

then wonder why once again I'm running for the red bucket

pissing in the wind don't work ( to quote the Freak Brothers)

• Like Like x 4
  10. I drink alcohol sometimes and only with friends. I'm not really a big fan of it however I enjoy bars for the vibe and foods too. I used to be an alcoholic a few years back however I made this more moderate these days. Maybe a couple times a week at most.

But a joint outside and a ice water hit the best.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Quit drinking completely 14 months ago. I was a really bad alcoholic. Started smoking weed instead and I hope to never go back. Don't even have the slightest interest in it anymore.

Sent from my BE2028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  12. Alcohol has destroyed more lives than all the other drugs put together.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  13. Absolutely! If I have weed I don't have a desire to drink. If I don't have weed I have a hard time saying no to booze especially around friends who also drink.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I cut down after the first stint of covid. Quit a few months ago. Might have a couple on my birthday or new years but I'm over it. Nothing good comes from it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. 7 days no alcohol for me after drinking almost daily for 21 years.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. I wasnt a heavy drinker and I dont really notice a difference not drinking but the long term effects are known and you will definitely be better off in the long run. Just dont get to much anticipation to "feel like a kid again" or have any substantial heath changes and end up really disappointed in the event that nothing changes. Its all about the long run.

17. I gave up drinkng completely when I took up weed, about a year ago. I don't miss alcohol at all.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Couldn't tell you when I last had a beer. I don't miss it either.

• Like Like x 2
  19. I do enjoy a good beer. Very complex pallet. But I'm at the point where I might like to take two or three drinks before a holiday meal and dump the other 3/4's of a glass out.

20. I've always preferred weed and was never a big drinker. That said I do drink wine and the occasional bourbon but can't remember the last time I was actually drunk. It's just the occasional glass with dinner. Give me weed any day.

• Agree Agree x 1