Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Daily tokers, are you addicted?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by wolfenwolf, May 12, 2011.

1. I was smoking a little more than 1/4oz a week and then I came home after finals week and have no weed, cold turkey stopped. Had zero problems, no loss of appetite, no random frustration/anger, etc. I don't have an addictive personality though.

2. It's mainly more of a case if you are absolutely expecting it or not.

3. This a touchy subject. I would say the line between an addict and a controlled user is one's ability to share and conserve it and one's ability to deal with everyday life without it. If you find it painful or very bothersome to smoke out a couple friends with your stash every once in a while, or have a lot of trouble conserving your stuff (having to re-up often because you cant stop yourself from packin another bowl) then it could be a problem. If you find it truly hard to get through the day without a high, and have trouble functioning (loss of concentration) then i would consider it somewhat a dependence. If you are experiencing these three symptoms then i believe you are addicted (mentally). I think about weed all the time but its more like a "i cant wait to have fun and smoke with friends" and not a yearning to smoke that very moment. A problem I have is that i get restless and have trouble focusing if dont smoke after smoking every night for a week but that usually only lasts one day and night. Moderation is def the key, and it also keeps your tolerance down.

4. You actually can be addicted, maybe not to the act itself but to what we withdrawal on.

I've smoked everyday since Thanksgiving and I've tried not to but usually can't because of not being able to sleep or because I'm hungry and think "hey, this will be better if im high".

5. Nope, I've gone 3 months without weed cold turkey. But I've also smoked 6 months everyday. I just prefer to smoke if I can :p

6. Well I just spent seven days without toking so, no, its not addictive. Now let me pack that bowl. :D

7. I always want it in the back of my mind like who dosent wanna smoke a bowl ha. If im dry when I have something to do I dont really care but at home at night I will get bored and wont be all chipper just kinda ehh. On the other hand if I do have weed its a bomb ass night and im in the best mood haha.

If I have to quit for a longer period I find that I will crave hard after a few days without it and after a week of that I barely care it will just be like whatever.

8. Anything that feels awesome is worth doing a bunch.

Or whatever that quote was....

9. I have been smoking dank everyday for a couple of weeks and currently I decided to stop because of personal reasons for 3 days and it's still there you know? Right next to get sexual satisfaction....

10. Not addicted. Being high is just more fun than being sober most of the time. There's a time and place for everything.

11. I'd say it can be more habitual than addicting.

12. Hells no lol im blazed

13. I suppose it could be labeled an addiction by some, but if it's an addiction it's definitely the very least harmful of them all.

But yeah for me weed is like water it's just kinda necessary. yeah, I could settle for like gatorade and it'd keep me alive or whatever but nothing like having goood 'ol water. And there's nothing wrong with water, right?

14. nope.i smoke everyday when i can , when i cant afford any weed i take a break for 1 week ,mabey 2 untill i can afford more weed , but i don't go around trying to make some money to buy weed faster or if i have other prioritys ( like a dept to someone ) i usualy take care off that befor i buy more weed.
    addictive signs ? i think not

15. #75 Freshfed, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Haha this thread has destroyed your opinion... And you ain't got any argument strong enough to stand against any of the many posts that disagree with the utter crap you have written... Haha and you call MY post weak... Look at this thread bro, your post is the weakest thing here...and so many people here haven't read my first post and ended up proving the points I made in their own posts. So perhaps think before you attack someone because you don't have the intellect or argument to put up a rational debate... So crawl back into your bong and keep telling yourself you ain't got any form of addiction and lash out at people, meanwhile I will continue to pity your blind ass! Douche!

Oh and has anyone bothered to look at the link I posted, well it's a journal that shows the ADDICTIVE mechanisms of weed, not some wiki shit, actual hard documented research journal. So it can be addictive.

So next time, and I know you will find it difficult, what with your nuts growing behind the anonymity of a pc screen, please don't write hate and throw I insults around without backing it up... If your gonna go for the "king of the douches" award then ignore this and keep up the good work!

16. heroin addicts dont have a three day hump when theyre on a break, daily smokers do

17. Alot of people say there's no addictive properties in marijuana but, the human mind can get PHYSICALLY addicted to the state/physical action of smoking.

That being said, to answer your questions:
    - Some people can function 100% and work away when high, i'm one of those people (give me a nice sativa and i'm super productive, its the indicas that put you to sleep)
    - feeling lathargic, without me opening up a dictionary i believe that means tired/sleepy/fatigued, that comes from indica heavy weed, nothing you can do about it, that being said, dont smoke toooo much and i still think you can be functional
    -Physical/mental side-effects of getting high every day? uhh... Physically it'll keep you in tip top condition and cancer free (lol..) and mentally, i can see how if you smoked ALL DAY ERRY DAY FOR YEARS you could see some slowing down mentally, but again thats some bullshit if youre a functional smoker.

Personally, i've smoked all day erry day for a few years, but i'm a very functional smoker. I remember to LET WEED REVOLVE AROUND ME, not me revolve around it. What does that mean? I smoke when i need stress relief/get wound up, so i can keep working. I dont wake up and think "oh man how many sessions can i have today" that'd be me revolving around weed.

am i addicted? uhh no. i COULD go without weed for a day, for a week, for a month, for the rest of my life. Currently weed is helping me, so i dont see a need to quit. when i find a girl (if she's not down with it) if she wants me to quit i will, assuming shes the right one. ANYWAYS, addicted? naw, there are days when im in the studio for 14 hours no smoke (just my wake and bake for pain relief reasons), and truthfully when im in the studio i dont think about weed cause im busy working.

hope this helps.

18. my toking doesnt get in the way of anything,but in a sense im addicted because if me and my dad were dry right now we would be at the pawn shop with our flatscreen.

19. No. No it doesn't. The "hook" time is extremely (too) long and at that point weed would probably be legal simply because all those former smokers (fucking everybody, lol) would still be advocates because more of them would still be smokers...or something like that.

I think they would have found an addicting substance by now. Molecules don't just hide from people.

20. Currently I have a good amount of weed, so I'm smoking everyday because I have the means. But usually I'll go a few months without any just cause I don't buy that often. When I have the weed I'll smoke it, but otherwise I'm not dying to get high.

While some people's definition of addiction varies, I personally believe that yes you can be addicted to weed. Because you grow accustomed to experiencing life high, and when you're not high life seems that much more dull and boring. So people find all sorts of ways to justify smoking multiple times a day, but no matter how much they fool themselves, they're addicted in some way. When I have weed, I'm addicted, but after its gone I'm able to overcome the "withdrawal" stage and move on, not everyone is willing to do that.

I will say that in comparison to legal addictive substances such as caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco, weed is waaaaaaaaaay down the scale as far as addictiveness.