Dads less of an asshole ?..

Discussion in 'General' started by whatamidoing5294, Apr 13, 2014.

1. So ever since my dad talked to me about my smoking, he honestly is less of an asshole to me.
    I always loved him, but but since then, we get along better and can stand eachother. Anyone have similar instances ?

- Maturity is the decision to be mature when needed. Not being grouchy when the time to enjoy life is present.

2. #2 Budzilla420, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
    Growing up, my dad was always very strict about drugs. Zero tolerance for it. He was in the military for 20 years (retired when I was 16) and didnt play drug bullshit games. Id known since I was 13 or 14 that my dad used to be a pothead when he was a teenager, but he quit once he joined the military and had kids. He was an asshole to us growing up, and we really hated him for it all for the longest time. We never, ever got along, we would always fight and argue and shit just was ugly. Although my sisters and I were really rebellious and really unpleasent and my dad was just trying to control us.

Well fast forward many years, my father and I didnt get along at all still. In fact, he kicked me out of the house when I was 20. Thankfully I found an apartment 2 days before he said I had to be out. I think I was 22-23 and I started growing weed in my apartment, had a couple going and had just harvested a couple, so I had some full jars curing. My sisters both knew about my growing, and I guess one of them told my dad about it. Well he was VERY interested. I think one or both of my sisters knew he was smoking again, but as I had moved out a couple years ago, I had no idea. So literally on Thanksgiving Day, I went for dinner at my parents, and Im sitting on the couch and my dad just starts asking my about my grow, how Im doing it, what Im using, how much I got, etc. Then he asks for a "sample" so I run home and grab him a jar. When I got back, him, my sisters, and myself all went upstairs and proceeded to get blazed. It was the most uncomfortable, awkward smoke session and subsequent high of my life. But ever since that day, my relationship with my dad started slowly, but steadily improved.

My dad built a grow room in the house a week later and packed it with $2000 worth of equipment and finished 1 grow, which he fucked up by letting a hermie plant pop and HEAVILY (I mean very heavily, a couple of the plants were more seed than bud) seeded the entire grow tent. He left my mom 3 months later after 24 years of marriage because she didnt approve of his growing, and moved 7 hour drive away to date a girl that he literally dated in high school 30 years ago. He still grows to this day, and hes gotten quite excellent at it. Hes pulling 10+ ounces per plant these days.

3. The same thing happened with me and my mom. When i began to be honest with her about it after i got caught it improved our relationship a lot. Now she knows i smoke and shes just neutral about it. and we get along really well

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Grasscity Forum mobile app