Dado's UNIQUE Scrog Lemon Haze Grow Log

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dado, Nov 30, 2011.

1. I've really had great results with General Hydroponics nutrients, and the price is pretty reasonable too.

2. Carried by any hydro store?

3. Yeah pretty much. It's like your generic kind of hydroponics equipment.

4. yes like InsomniacFiles says, the GH Flora it is basically a genneric 3 part mix (Micro, Grow and Bloom) that you need to proportionately mix unlike the FloraNova which is a 2 part mix (1 for veg and 1 for grow) it is easier but I prefer to mix my own using my calculations.

5. it's a good sign my friend,,,

i was outside at my growbox 3 days ago,,,,,

and seen a ladybug, in my camper, where the grow box is,,,,

and it's wintertime,,,,,seeing a ladybug, this time of year is odd,,,

i took it 4 a sign...:cool:

6. Just an update (day 21)

all the stems look like these now. I did remove some of the upper fan leaves

[​IMG]

7. I gotta get a better camera, I'm using a canon a630 and it really is useless for these kinds of pictures. I tried all modes including.... macro

8. Looking good, man! I'd be careful about removing too many fan leaves until after the veg growth (in flower) has subsided. For instance, wait about 3 weeks, then defoliate. This will help the plants focus their last ditch spurt of energy into building a nice infrastructure for the buds to develop on, rather than spending energy on healing/growing new fans. And then, do it again a couple weeks before harvest, give the bud sites plenty of access to light to help ripen and fatten them up in the final weeks.

Are you using all 3 nutes from the Flora line, or just Micro/Bloom, ala Lucas?

9. I'm using the GH flora (micro, gro, bloom) highlighted with Technaflora's Sugar daddy and Awesome Blossom....

Kudos...Thanks for the defoliating tip

10. OK, I pulled out my old Sony, .....21 days old

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Damn they fantastic. I looks to see if you mentioned. What strain are you growing?

12. Started using the flora series from GH and so far I like it better than the advanced nutrients, I don't really use them to much at all throughout the grow cycle tho. Good soil, some molasses and other things have achieved dank results.

13. your flourescents you have under your led's..

did you '' relocate'' the ballast the mounting hardware e.t.c.

and just mount the bulbs,?:confused:

im thinking of doing this,, and to me it looks like this is what u did,???

14. I originally started with these cheap "lights of america" grow lights 7020gl from walmart, (see below) I was soon to realize the bulbs were NOT at all powerful enough, so I scrapped the idea.

I put them in storage, then a couple of weeks later, after putting all my led's together, I decided to go back and look how I could go back and fill the void between the rows of LED lamps.

I opened one of the 17Watt 24" L.O.A. fluorescent housings and seen that it was easy to disassemble. I removed the mini ballasts and the end connectors (mounted them on a strip of wood ) hid all the mini ballasts inside the LED light box (second picture) and replaced the T-12 bulbs with phillips T-8's 3000k , 85 CRI , 1400 lumens each for $6.00 each at the depot

(ORIGINAL DESIGN BELOW, I SCRAPPED THIS IDEA)

[​IMG]

(AND WENT WITH THIS IDEA)

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. your lighting set-up... has got to be the best d.i.y.

lights ive seen in my 5 years on the city,,,good job,,, +rep,

16. If / When ...I grow again, I will just switch out the Fluoro bulbs with Philips 17w 6500k....

currently the lights draw 420 watts (actual) at 5.5 amp, powerful enough to match a "high end" LED fixture, but the proof will be in the "end results"

Thanks for the compliment and the +rep

17. Super Lemon Haze, has a very fruity fragrance too

18. I'm sure you will have good results with this, Best of Luck

19. Subbed to follow. Very impressive set up sir.

20. DAY 23, Not too shabby for Chinese LED's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]