Dad

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by staylifted7264, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Okay so here we go I wanted a few opinions on whether I'm being an asshole or if my dad is unreasonable keep in mind I am 18 therefore should be treated as an adult I believe.
    Here's the story:
    I went outside last night to toke like usual (my dad told me to not smoke in the house/keep drugs in the house) and he locked me out of the house and made me take a walk with him for being "a bastard" and smoking marijuana when he has previously said before to just not bring it into the house. At this point I am walking barefoot in the snow until we reach a secluded area and he punches me twice in the mouth and nose and I am bleeding. He then threatens to call the cops after he just hit me when I did not have paraphernalia or marijuana on me. Am I at fault here? I believe as a legal adult I should be allowed to make my own decisions especially because I did not technically break his rules. Opinions?

2. While that may be pretty fucked up, its still his house man. He could lose his job and even go to jail just for allowing you to keep it there, if shit ever hit the fan you know?

I'd be a lot more discreet until you can get out of there

3. :mad: What the fuck? Call the cops on his ass for assault and battery..

4. HAHA what the fuck?

Jesus, i would have hit him right back dude. Regardless if he's your dad, and you "broke his rules" . First of all you should have respected his rules about not bringing it inside, but really where the fuck else can you put it?

Sounds lke he has some problems. No normal father takes there son on a walk barefoot, then punches them in the mouth.

5. Getting punched in the face is NOT cool. :bongin:
    Do what you can, get out of there. Now.

6. I dont care what you did, he had no reason to do that. If my dad did that I would fucking go OFF on him!

7. Don't be a pussy?

8. Thats what i'm saying man.. Who the fuck does that?

9. Don't be a dick towards a guy who got assaulted.

10. [quote name='"Benevlan"']:mad: What the fuck? Call the cops on his ass for assault and battery..[/quote]

I thought this was the pretty obvious solution but I guess not

11. [quote name='"Benevlan"']:mad: What the fuck? Call the cops on his ass for assault and battery..[/quote]

My dad claims that the officer would not see it as so but would applaud him for "setting his kid straight" how twisted is that

[quote name='"NutsLikeKngKong"']While that may be pretty fucked up, its still his house man. He could lose his job and even go to jail just for allowing you to keep it there, if shit ever hit the fan you know?

I'd be a lot more discreet until you can get out of there[/quote]

That is true but it wasn't even in his house I keep my weed outside in a toolbox, I'm thinking about only smoking when going out when I will not be home for a while

12. Hey I'd take the beating over getting the cops called on me and although doing both of those things is fucked up if your gonna live in his house you really have to do what he says. Good luck gettin out on your own man.

13. [quote name='"muney420"']Don't be a pussy?[/quote]

Don't be ignorant? My dad is about 6 feet 230 pounds and would beat me senseless, as much as I'd love to believe I would have a chance I wouldn't

14. Dad definately over reacted. Where did the toking material come from, a stash spot outside or inside?

You need to have another conversation with him to find out what exactly you did that displeased him. Near the end remind him that you understand english and that he doesn't need to use his fists to communicate. :smoke:

Edited to add: i see now that it was outside.

15. [quote name='"BluntCheefah"']
    HAHA what the fuck?

Jesus, i would have hit him right back dude. Regardless if he's your dad, and you "broke his rules" . First of all you should have respected his rules about not bringing it inside, but really where the fuck else can you put it?

Sounds lke he has some problems. No normal father takes there son on a walk barefoot, then punches them in the mouth.[/quote]

But if you read my reply to someone elses comment I don't even keep it inside, I keep it outside. But my dad confuses his own rules sometimes because he's an alcoholic and often doesn't remember

16. He had his weed outside and he smokes outside. how is this not pertaining to his fathers rules of no drugs/smoking inside?

17. If hes an alchy too, just leave him alone, and move out.

Truly a sad, sad state of mind to be in. Alcohol will completely change a person.

If thats not possible, sit him down face to face.

"dad, i just want to know, do you think you overreacted by punching me in the face"
    "no, my house my rules"

Then ask him why he drinks everyday, and what the difference is between smoking a joint once in a while, between drinking all day?

"im an adult i can do what i want"

"Clearly, you act like it" :rolleyes:

Best advice, is to get out as soon as you can.. :wave:

18. [quote name='"BluntCheefah"']

If hes an alchy too, just leave him alone, and move out.

Truly a sad, sad state of mind to be in. Alcohol will completely change a person.

If thats not possible, sit him down face to face.

"dad, i just want to know, do you think you overreacted by punching me in the face"
    "no, my house my rules"

Then ask him why he drinks everyday, and what the difference is between smoking a joint once in a while, between drinking all day?

"im an adult i can do what i want"

"Clearly, you act like it" :rolleyes:

Best advice, is to get out as soon as you can.. :wave:[/quote]

That's actually exactly how our conversations go, but it's tough man I wanna start staying at a hotel but I don't have enough money to support myself, I have means of transportation to get to school I just need more cash hotels are expensive

19. Chill at a friends place dude

20. [quote name='"Jimmy Carter"']Chill at a friends place dude[/quote]

I like to think I'm a fairly well liked guy, a few close friends here and there but to be honest I don't think any of them would truly allow me to stay in their home